How do I edit my 93 Accord and 2001 Accord computers?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
427CPE

How do I edit my 93 Accord and 2001 Accord computers?

Post by 427CPE »

Would like to play with timing/fuel/rev limiters,etc. Any ideas?
What exactly do I need and how much for each car?

The 93 is a 4 cyl and the 01 is a V6. The V6 feels like it has more potential.

Thanks!

Paul
pills_PMD

Post by pills_PMD »

well.. in order to play with the timing and fuel YOURSELF. you need a stage 4 w/ romeditor.

if you would like to alter VTEC points, rev limiter, ect. stage 2 and 3 do that as well.

the stage 2,3 can be tuned by anyone with the stage 4...
knowledge

Post by knowledge »

a hondata system can be installed in the 93 as for the 01 no v-6's are supported by hondata i dont think unless something is in development?
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

The system you will need to install would be any S200 or stage2/3. All that is needed to do the system yourself would be the datalogging option, and the software ( ROM Editor ) and the pocket programmer. As far as installing the system in your 93 accord ECU would be not possible. You are going to need a non-vtec ecu if you are going to run w/o vtec. Else you may use a vtec ecu as long as you get the S200 system. This is probably the best system.

The fuel trim can only be accurately adjusted by a wideband O2 sensor like the Motec PLM or the FJO Wideband. The stock heated/non-heated sensor will work from approx. 13:1 - 16:1 A/F. Once the A/F is tuned the vehicle requires the use of a dyno to refine and smooth out the power curve.

Although this is a lot of work, most of the Hondata dealers are setup to complete this kind of work at their facilities. This kind of work would be fairly difficult if not impossible to complete w/o the proper tools and resources. I would really suggest taking it to have it done at a dealer.

As far as the 01 V6. This vehicle has only one performance company that makes a ECU for it. AEM ( P/N#30-1013 ) Although I have yet to get my hands on this setup, I've heard from several poeple that this system is difficult to work with. I'm not so sure if their system uses multiple fuel and ignition tables like the stock Honda and Hondata Ecus use. I'm also not so sure if their system even has any user adjustability like the shift light, vtec, full throttle shift, launch control, and engine fuel cut rev control that the Hondata system gives you.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer