CANADIAN R18 CIVIC DX

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
shane_hanlon

CANADIAN R18 CIVIC DX

Post by shane_hanlon »

I'm in Newfoundland Canada and I own a 2007 R18 CIVIC DX ......I checked my ecu, and along side of the part number, it said US....So I assumed that the flash pro would work with my car......It just arrived yesterday, I followed all the instructions perfectly but when i plug in the hondata flashpro, it says "only for civic americas vehicles. The current vehicle is unknown." So then i went back on the website and found the compatibility list (which i should've checked out first) and found out, that my ECU is not supported!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Just phoned Hondata and I am not very pleased at how I was treated.............I explained my problem and the guy I was talking to, barely spoke a word to me and just told me to see if I could get a refund from the dealer i purchased it from! Just paid over 700 dollars for their product, and thats all I get, a cold shoulder!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: CANADIAN R18 CIVIC DX

Post by Spunkster »

No one is giving you a cold shoulder. You purchased a product for something we do not support. There is no way we can make changes just to get this to work for you. We do not recommend or support trying to use a US ECU in your vehicle. Only the dealer you purchased this from would be able to give you a refund, as they sold it to you. This is what was explained to you on the phone and via email.
JDM_ES1

Re: CANADIAN R18 CIVIC DX

Post by JDM_ES1 »

Do your research before modifying your car. I do not own an 8thgen but if you check 8thcivic.com there are plenty of threads there regarding this issue. You need a US ECU for this to work with your R18.