Still nothing for the L15A7?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
kurisux92

Still nothing for the L15A7?

Post by kurisux92 »

I am slightly disappointed that a company that prides itself in being the tuning authority on Hondas still has not released anything for the L-series engines, namely the L15A7 i-VTEC. Hondata has already released FlashPro for the CR-Z, which uses the LEA that is based on the L15A7 (Almost twins). I spoke to Bisimoto to whether if the CR-Z Flash would also work for the L15A7, and his response was that the ECU protocol between the L15A7 and the LEA was different. The LEA had a specific protocol while the L15A7 had a protocol that was closer to a TSX. Also, Lyon[Nightroad] on FitFreak has already cracked the factory ECU for his turbo GE8 Fit. Not to mention the L15A7 is now eligible for the Formula F Championship...So why still no Hondata? Seems like the demand is certainly there. There are people supercharging (Sprintex now has a supercharger kit for the 2009-2012 Fit) and turbocharging Fits because they don't want to shell out over 10 thousand for a K-swap, but they have to resort to piggyback programmers that can only do so much and standalone EMS systems that can only do so much and can be some major trouble if the right hardware is not attached to it. Not to mention Hondata made FlashPro for the R18 engines, which are even more of an economy engine than the L-series, with it's VTEC engagement having the extended lift and duration at low RPMs instead of upper RPM's.

So why is Hondata still waiting? Seems to me the original claim of "no market" is irrelevant at this point.