Hondata not recognising my UK spec CR-Z & tuners stumped too

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
Joe90

Hondata not recognising my UK spec CR-Z & tuners stumped too

Post by Joe90 »

This is really a problem for Matt of Hondata to sort out, as Sam of TDI has been speaking with him about the issue:
My 2011 UK specced CR-Z GT-Navi can't communicate with FlashPro (Beta version installed) Manager, despite numerous attempts both by TDI & myself.
xxx, but we have not heard back from Hondata for over a month now & frankly I'm getting just a tad pissed off with Hondata's lack of response to Sam's emails.

Hondata please get your act together & return Sam Borgman's emails - he's the Tech Director in case you have forgotten at TDI (Torque Developments International Ltd, Thurrock, England).

My Mugen mods have worked a treat for performance (suspension, air box & mid & back box sports exhaust), so it would be nice to complete the project with the Hondata flash mapping, before contemplating further mods. If I have to ditch Hondata & go with the HKS F-Con I will do & Hondata won't be getting any favourable reviews over here in the UK for CR-Z's!

Regards, Rob
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Hondata not recognising my UK spec CR-Z & tuners stumped

Post by Hondata »

I had to edit out one portion of your post - you should understand why.

Sorry about this. Our last communication was from TDI advising that the file was going to be sent in the next week (after the email date). We never received the file. Matt does not receive the download files, so did not notice that nothing arrived after that time elapsed.

Please send the file again, and email support@hondata.com once it has been sent.
Hondata
Joe90

Post by Joe90 »

Thanks Hondata for your reply post - not sure really what I said that you had to edit out as I didn't keep a copy, but you left in that I was upset at lack of response, so credit to you for that.

It wasn't TDI who sent the download, but me, as they were trying with the previous version of FlashPro manager when I was at their workshop. They couldn't even get the software to do a download, so I suggested I could try at home (150 miles from them, so a bit of a road trip each time I need to see them). Sam wasn't offloading the issue onto me, just they had spent ages getting nowhere & time is (big) money in the tuning business.

Sam recommended I download the new Beta version, which eventually worked (after a lot of hassle trying to add comments so you would know who it came from) to allow me to download & send off to you guys. However although I tried to add some comments to this download, FlashPro wouldn't allow anything else to be sent with the data xxxx (the instruction Sam was given by Hondata to make it work), so the data file was sent without any way of identifying who it had come from.

I thought, that as you were expecting it, when it arrived & was interrogated, it would have been plain to see it came from a UK spec CR-Z. So I thought just how many UK spec CR-Z's are you dealing with at present? I doubt very few if any, so left it to Sam to follow up with Matt, but he says he never got a response despite several emails to Matt & had given up trying, telling me you were normally tardy with replies to him (something about not being the approved UK importer of Hondata he guessed).

So if you can assure me that the file will be analysed to patch if that's what's required to get FlashPro to recognise my CR-Z, I'll send it as promised; just need info on what to add as far as identity comments etc.

Cheers, Rob D'Alessio - robert@rdabs.net

I shall do the whole thing again this Saturday afternoon & email your support department that I have sent it.

Can you tell me if there should be a way of adding ownership notes to the data file, as I don't want it going astray again? - your software isn't the most user friendly in the world to work with, with no progress bar, egg-timer etc to indicate progress, but it was quicker than the 20 minutes Sam said it would take, but I guess that depends broadband connection speed over my cell network.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The operation you are performing is is not a user function (that's why I keep having to edit your posts). It was not designed to be used by anyone outside Hondata and it will not show a progress bar.

Last contact with TDI was about a month ago - there are no un-answered emails from them as far as I know.

After you send the file, email us and we'll confirm it.
Hondata
Joe90

Post by Joe90 »

Aaahhh...I see! Sorry if I didn't catch on with the last post reply. I'm not a regular forum user on any forum - don't much have the time or inclination to spend loads of time glued to a PC or smartphone.

I'll do the download on Saturday as I said then email your support team - thanks for your speedy attention - I guess TDI were possibly having IT issues hooking up with you guys or using that as an excuse as I'm not earning them mega bucks sorting this out for me - either way I'm happy with your response today - thank you. I'll be back in touch soon.

Kind regards, Rob D'Alessio