PRB or PND?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
DJB_74

PRB or PND?

Post by DJB_74 »

Okay here I go again with the questions.
Sorry for the aggravation I may cause some but I am just trying to get as much knowledge before hand and I end up spending money I really didn't need to so here it goes.
I'm in the market for a ECU to run dual with my stock 03 "base" Automatic RSX, (yeah I know already) and before things get out of hand I have already researched and spoken to a list of credible folks on getting a duel set-up working with K-pro so I know the process is doable?
With that being said, the information I am looking for has to do with the ECU serial numbers in general?
I am unsure if I will need a "Type-S" used PRB ECU, or if I could get away with using a "Base" 5-spd. PND ECU? The K-Series K-Pro compatibility list on the site has the ECU numbered as: PND(A01-A09) for K-Pro compatible units? The ECU that I was looking at had a ECU number as: 37820-PND-A53

Could anyone tell me if this ECU is actually K-Pro acceptable or do I really need to shop for a Type-S PRB instead?

As mentioned I appreciate all help in the matter and I apologize ahead of time.
Thx

DJB_74

Re: PRB or PND?

Post by DJB_74 »

Nevermind all,
Appears this one maybe a counterfeit? Good thing I didn't buy it? Found out information on CRSX and the here about ECU numbered: 37820-PND-A53 this way so I am staying away.
I'm just going with a Type-S PRB that I know is a legit one.
Thx HONDATA.

DJB_74

Post by DJB_74 »

Have another one I'd like to check.

Could anyone chime in and let me know if this PND is K-Pro compliant or not? Thx

#37820-PND-A14

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

DJB_74

Post by DJB_74 »

Thx Spunkster, I checked that list out but the only listing I saw was for PND #A01-A09 use K-Pro? Where does it list ECU's with a #PND-A14? I'm just trying to get the knowledge before I end up buying one I don't need that's all. And forgive my ignorance but I am 100% new to the K series engines.

Thx

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

it's not listed because it is not supported