2006 8-th Civic FD1 swap with US ECU supported by Hondata

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
nickless

2006 8-th Civic FD1 swap with US ECU supported by Hondata

Post by nickless »

Hello,
I have 2006 Civic FD1 R18A1 6MT for EU market LHD, made in Japan. I have made ECU swap with USDM R18 Civic 5MT supported by Hondata flashpro- US ECU.
Everything was ok, except only the EVAP sensor because Japanese R18 haven't this system.
BUT after swap when I've took my car to test it for a while I 've found out that while I drive the car I can't shift in 5th gear and when I try to shift to 6th gear it's go against the reverse.
It's turn out that gear box is ok and I can shift 5th and 6th gear, but I have to be careful gear shift not to go in end right position because shifter pass to 5th speed rail and goes against the reverse.
There is another guy made this swap with USDM R18 Civic 5MT ECU to FD1 R18A1 6MT and no report for problem like mine.
Here is first 2 comments translate from Russian:
"- 255hp! do not understand why the ECU from the American to take, and how from 5 to 6 gears to retrain?"
"- needed because Hondata have under it, and under our - no. Retrain no needed."
We have checked Reverse Lockout System, the fuse of reverse lockout solenoid is ok, no mechanical problems and I'm afraid if the ECU from 5MT Civic can't control REVERSE LOCKOUT SOLENOID.
Can be this problem fixed by reflash USDM 5MT ECU with Hondata and if in Hondata software is some options to control REVERSE LOCKOUT SOLENOID.
I plan to supercharge the car and tuning it with Hondata flashpro, but first I have to solve this problem or forget the project.
Have you any idea how to fix it?

Thank you in advance,
Niko.
Last edited by nickless on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2006 8-th Civic FD1 swap with US ECU supported by Hondat

Post by Spunkster »

I'm sorry, but the FlashPro was never designed for this and there is no plan to alter its function to attempt to get it to work with swaps.
nickless

Post by nickless »

Thank you for prompt replay.
We will look for another solution with this Reverse Lockout System. Maybe manually switch button inside on the dashboard or something like that.
Any chance in the future to support Hondata FD1 ECUs?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is currently no plan to support this model vehicle.
nickless

Re: 2006 8-th Civic FD1 swap with US ECU supported by Hondata

Post by nickless »

Hello,
So the supercharger and Hondata flashpro have been ordered.
I've solved the problem with Reverse Lockout Solenoid by manually switch button inside on the dashboard from CRV parktronic button.
Now there is another question. Can I install and Hondata traction control on R18A1?
Thank's
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I'm sorry, but there is no support for tractions control on an R18.
nickless

Post by nickless »

Hello again,
Last year I've bought R18 SC kit-track package from Jackson Racing. Everything is perfect for now, except one thing.

As my 2006 Civic R18 is JDM sedan but with swapped USDM ECU (because of Hondata to can work) the check engine is always on, because of EVAP sensor which JDM R18 Civic's don't have by default, but USDM ECU keep searching for it and of course can't find this system and check engine is always on.
I know that with Hondata Flashpro this system can be removed, but we find out that a lot of functions in JR's map are locked for editing including this one.
I also have spoke with JR, sent them a pictures and they know everything about my case.
But JR told me to explain you the situation and to ask you to edit this map for Track package I received from JR, but with disabled EVAP sensor, because only you can edit this locked map.
I don't want to use a local tuner to make a new map and calibration, if I have possibility to receive this map directly from you who invested much more time and efforts to do it especially for this car and also I've paid for this option: " Jackson Racing FlashPro Race Calibration (Flash Drive Included)".

So, Can I attach here the map I've received with JR's flash drive and ask you to edit this map, but with disabled EVAP sensor?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Nikolay,
Europe, Bulgaria, 9000 Varna
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What you are asking for is difficult, and also we only support US R18 vehicles.
Hondata
nickless

Post by nickless »

Ok, if you don't want to edit the map, but can you at least to unlock the map for editing and I'll go to a local tuner to do this.

Thank's.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, we cannot unlock the map. If you wish to get it custom tuned you have the FlashPro and can start with a new calibration.
nickless

Post by nickless »

I never imagined that everything should be in the most difficult way. In the end I didn't get help from any one in this chain starting from the dealer, passing through vendor Jackson Racing and ending to support of the software in your face.
Even if you don't support officially JDM Civic's regardless of the fact that the engines are exactly the same, I've done everything possible to make it to work, and I've paid for your product too and in the end you don't want to make even a small gesture to help me to resolve this annoying problem.
I will only tell you that JR at first said no problem to do this, then transferred me to the dealer from whom I bought this kit, because he must ask them as direct buyer of the kit, then again the dealer does passed me to you and said that only you can do this. Finally it appears that no one can't, or rather no one wants to help me!
All this took me six months into conversations and transferring responsibilities just to get help from those who should give it to me, and finally I myself have to fix it.

Thank's for your support!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We cannot give you the calibration (or unlock it) because we developed that calibration with a legal agreement with JR not to distribute it.
In any case it is not a small change to add support for the Euro R18 - it is not just a matter of disabling a few things. There is much more involved.
We make it fairly clear what vehicles we do support and do not support. We've never offered anything for the Euro R18 and made it clear we don't support them.
I'm sorry it has ended up this way.
Hondata