ELD Question

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
ZCHondaCRX91

ELD Question

Post by ZCHondaCRX91 »

When I went from OBD0 to OBD1 in my CRX, I noticed my ELD doesn't work. I went through the FSM and found my problem is that at the ELD pin in the ECU plug should have 5V output KOEO, but it has no voltage from that pin. For the OBD0 FSM it says even with the ELD plug disconnected that wire should be 5V KOEO, and as load increases with KOER the ELD pulls voltage down so the ECU can use the voltage to determine load. Right now I have a P06 ECU w/ S300, is the ELD circuit missing from this ecu? Does the OBD1 system use a different way to determine engine load to control the alternator?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: ELD Question

Post by Spunkster »

I do not believe that a CRX has an ELD.

The ELD has no effect on the alternator and is not needed.
ZCHondaCRX91

Post by ZCHondaCRX91 »

Yes, the CRX has a ELD and it is used for the charging system. It isn't 100% necessary but still something the ECU uses to control the alternator, it's something I would like to have if I can. Here are some FSM pages, there is also a page that describes the whole charging system and goes into detail about the ELD, although I can't find it now.

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IS this a US vehicle?
ZCHondaCRX91

Post by ZCHondaCRX91 »

Yes it is a USA vehicle. I think all 88+ US Honda/Acura had an ELD, maybe not 87 and older but I'm not sure.