Hondata won't download or work in my laptop

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
Steve9132

Hondata won't download or work in my laptop

Post by Steve9132 »

Tried downloading Hondata from the website. Get to the download part and says it failed to download after about 10 seconds of downloading with an error code 5.
Tried uninstalling everything for the smanager/hondata in the computer and even the smanager file it created and reinstalling it and same thing every time. Getting really frustrating trying to download this whole thing and get it to work.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Hondata won't download or work in my laptop

Post by Hondata »

Error 5 is normally related to permissions on your computer. What windows are you using? Do you have antivirus software?
Hondata
Steve9132

Post by Steve9132 »

I did turn off my firewall and everything to do with that. I'm now getting a "code 0". I cannot figure this out for the life of me. Been trying to figure this out for almost 4 days. I get to the download and it starts, but it stops and gives me a "code 0". I've tried to delete the entire file off my computer and start completely over, but it won't 100% delete off. I can't figure this out.
Steve9132

Post by Steve9132 »

I'm using windows 10.. Read up that windows 10 will work, but I formatted the connection to windows 7 as it said that gets the best connection.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Code 0 is because the anti virus software is deleting the application before you can run it.
Hondata