2020 RDX FlashPro Results 0-60 & 1/4 mile

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
VTECIT

2020 RDX FlashPro Results 0-60 & 1/4 mile

Post by VTECIT »

Hey all,

I wanted to share this as a thank you to Hondata AND to serve as record of significantly improved acceleration for the RDX... something which proved very difficult to find anywhere on line. Before that, let me also say that part throttle and lower-mid rpm drivability of this vehicle in Sport mode is substantially improved upon. Part throttle tip in is met with a strong whoosh of thrust, making the car a blast to lug around town as the 10 gears bang their way through the much gustier torque curve. On the highway, 60-100 mph WOT acceleration is like a whole new car where as before, I felt strongly that the RDX was a dog when accelerating from 60-100... now it pulls startling hard. Comfort mode is improved upon as well. In both modes, one can hear the turbo whooshing at lower rpm along with a clear & pronounced BOV releasing pressure... most so in Comfort mode due to Acura lowering the rumbling engine audio coming in through the speakers.

... can't overstate how pleased I am with this car now. Here's some before & after 0-60 and 1/4 mile on a half tank of 93 octane, Sport Mode +, automatic shifting, and a brake torqued launch. Only mods are a K&N drop in filter and FlashPro Stage 2.

AND 3 questions for Hondata:

1) I'm presuming this is a 91 octane tune as it's nowhere specified. Being sooo close to a 13.xx second car, will you pretty-please offer a 93 octane tune in the near future? I also own a Civic Type R and your 91 to 93 tune for it was substantially different on my local dyno.

2) For the love of Goodness Sake, please offer us an option to turn OFF the "auto engine restart" which is defaulted "on."

3) With a 5.97 0-60 accompanying SUCH a looong drawn out doggy low rpm no boost launch, have you any way to allow for increased rpm when brake torqueing? Low to mid 5's seem so probably possible with just a TAD more rpm (say 3,000) permitted on launch.

Thanks,

Steve

0-60 dropped from 6.46 to 5.97 seconds (.49 sec delta)
Imageupload jpeg

1/4 mile dropped from 14.71 @ 94.50 to 14.24 @ 97.35 mph (.47 sec / 2.85 mph delta)
Imagefree photo hosting

Just for fun
Imageimage sharing
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: 2020 RDX FlashPro Results 0-60 & 1/4 mile

Post by Hondata »

Thanks for the review.

With your questions - 1) 91 -93 octane, the RDX knock control adjusts fairly. There might some gains for a specific tune from 93, but they probably would not be much. 2) Not directly controlled by the ECU. You can't unplug the hood sensor to disable this like other vehicles? 3) Mainly from the torque converter stall speed.
Hondata