New Wideband Oxygen Sensor Controller

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
ke6svy

New Wideband Oxygen Sensor Controller

Post by ke6svy »

What do you guys think about this new wideband oxygen sensor controller. It looks a lot better than the FJO and the techedge with the integrated 4 digit display. Price isn't too bad either...

http://members.aol.com/proautodevices/
BplantCivic

Post by BplantCivic »

I wonder if anybody has tried it yet?
DaX

Post by DaX »

Which wideband O2 sensors does everyone use? Is the MoteC superior to the FJO and if so how? I know there is a pretty lofty price difference between MoteC and FJO, and I don't want to be spending unnecessary cash just for a brand name.
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

Motec PLM has a combined controller and display unit. It has a serial cable output for the laptop/desktop and can use the software to change the output voltage in analog and digital control (which is used in the Motec M4/M48/M800+ systems and ADL). The Motec is the only wideband O2 controller to be able to use either the Bosch LSU or the NTK L1H1. It can also automatically recalibrate sensor detrioration to maintain sensor accuracy. It can also change the display in any fuel you will use as well as change it to lambda reading. It requires the usage of a standalone system to datalog like the hondata, etc...

The FJO only uses the NTK L1H1. It has a seperate display and controller. It has the capability of independant datalogging even thru a handheld unit (plam pilot, etc..) It is fairly accurate. There is an optional unit that can utilize an RPM signal and a analog input to datalog. Great for guys who will use it on a lot of vehicles that will be utilizing a piggyback system to tune (a big time no-no) like most tuner shops. It costs lesser than a PLM. Its display is fixed to which ever gas you will be using.I don't believe it has a digital output.

Another option is the HKS A/F knock amp. It does everything the FJO does. It has a seperate display just like the FJO. Its analog output is adjustable from the display. The unit also has the possibility of wiring into the knock sensor and listening for knock with a hearing aid while driving.

Joe.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer