Many Questions

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
DaX

Many Questions

Post by DaX »

I am fairly new around here but I have been reading the board for a few days now.

I am very interested in getting an s200, and will probably do so within a few months. I have a 5th generation civic with an LS motor [B18A1] and a P74 computer. Within a year I am going to go LS-VTEC with a B16 head. I want to go ahead and get my hondata system set up in my car before putting the head on. Now...I have a P28 computer lying around.

Can a P28 run an LS NON-VTEC? If so should I go ahead and get it socketed, get the s200, and replace my P74 with it, then when it's time to go LS-VTEC I will already have the necessary computer? If a P28 can not run an LS NON-VTEC, should I get the P74 socketed as well as the P28, get the s200, use the socketed P74 while I have the NON-VTEC head, then use the socketed P28 when I get the B16 head? How hard will it be to change over the s200 from a NON-VTEC engine to a VTEC engine? . Is a P28 even the right computer I'll need for an LS-VTEC? Should I get the P74 converted to VTEC instead of using the P28? If so can a reprogrammed for VTEC P74 run a NON-VTEC engine? I know I'm asking lots of questions, but I just can't have more than a day or so down time with my car as it is my only transportation.

Much thanks for your help...
DaX

Post by DaX »

After reading a little more, I see that the P74 and the P28 will both work on the B18A1, and that the P28 will also work for the OBD-1 B16's . So, will using the P28 on a B18A1 [NON-VTEC] throw up any codes [21 or 22]?

I guess when the time is right I'll just send my P28 to Hondata [or would it be the dealer, Mahdavi in my case] to be socketed and verify that it is for a manual transmission.