Getttin ready to purchase my Hondata!!!!

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
blownsi00

Getttin ready to purchase my Hondata!!!!

Post by blownsi00 »

Well my boosted civic will be getting a hondata system some time w/ in the two weeks.

The car will be boosting no more than 12 psi

I have a couple of questions reg the set up i will eventually go with.

I know that i will have to get rid of my FMU and the inline fuel pump!!!!
So far this is mylist:

RC 440's(what is the difference between saturated and peak and hold)
Are the RC 440's direct replacements?
INTANK fuelpump
S200w/ boost

Does the hondata run on stock timing? Right Now the timing is set back about 2 degrees

WIll i have to change my MAP sensor? I read some where that the stock map sensor can only hold XX amount of boost!!!!

What is the difference between using the new P28 ecu which comes sockted for obdII vs using the 95 GSR ECU(P72, which means i will have to get a 0bdII to OBDI, jumper?

Will the 440's be sufficient for 12 psi?

Feel free to add any info to this post....

TIA,
Its N/A with a little bit of boost!!!!
DaX

Post by DaX »

I guess I'll attempt to answer your questions. People correct me if I'm wrong about anything here or feel free to add...

You're getting RC 440 Injectors. Good. I'm not sure of the mechanical difference between peak and hold vs. saturated injectors are, but I know if you go with peak and hold injectors you're going to need a resistor pack. If your car doesn't already have a resistor pack and you haven't bought the injectors yet, save yourself the time and just get saturated injectors.

Unless you're running two fuel rails, your RC 440 Injectors will be direct replacements. You may need to slightly modify your connectors though.

You can adjust hondata to run on any timing you have your engine set on. It's probably better though to take your car back to stock timing and tune from there, and if you see the need to change the timing of the engine [via the distributor], THEN do it.

The stock Honda MAP sensor can only sense about 1 BAR of boost. If you're running 12 lbs. you might as well go ahead and invest in a 3 BAR MAP sensor from GM.

The difference in computers is whether or not you will be using the dual runners and knock sensor. What engine do you have in your civic? If it's one that has a knock sensor and dual runners [i.e. - a GSR] then the P72 would be your better choice. If your engine does not have either of these, I would go with the P28 personally. It's all a matter of preference really, I think both will work, but one might give you a CEL.

The 440's should be more than enough to handle 12 lbs.