Hondata on European B18C

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
ACe

Hondata on European B18C

Post by ACe »

Hi guys,

I am from Germany and have a JRSC'ed B18C1 in a Civic Wagon.
As far as I know the ECU id is P72I, which is OBDII.
After having investigated through US boards I found out that Hondata is the best way to get some more power from the stock kit.
So I also saw the Hondata ECU plus 440cc injectors you sell as a kit on the site of Mossperformance. My question now, does this ECU fit on my OBDII car? Or, what do I have to find out to be sure that I won't throw 1300 bucks out of the window? :wink:
I am asking because on the one hand, on the page of Moss they remind to note that some late 98 models have OBDII. I called Moss and the advised me to contact Hondata directly.
On the other hand, I need to go sure that I do not have to change the whole wiring of the car. A friend from Switzerland told me that it is very possible that European ECU wiring standards are not compliant with US ones.
It would also be brilliant if one of you has some contacts in Europe of tuning shops, dealers etc. who do already have some experience in Hondata ECU's on European cars.
Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to receiving your replies.

Best greetz from Europe,

Andreas C.
ce

Post by ce »

You can get an OBD2->OBD1 conversion harness..Then get a p72 USDM or other OBD1 ECU....
K is king