S200 and JRSC for 2000 ITR

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
2kitr

S200 and JRSC for 2000 ITR

Post by 2kitr »

I am thinking about going with the JacksonRacing Supercharger kit for my 2000 Acura Integra Type R. I was all set to buy an S200 from Moss Performance when I read somewhere (I can't remember where) that you lose the knock sensor when you install a Hondata. I think it had something to do with changing to a OBDI wire harness. Is this true?

On Hondata's website they show that one of the reading that you can record with datalogging is the knock sensor. Is this just for the late model Integras? I have to say that if it is true that you lose the knock sensor, that seems really bad. One bad tank of gas combined with no knock sensor equals ruined B18C5, right? Are there other stock ECU functions that are given up when getting a Hondata?

Am I way off base here? Please tell me I am wrong on this one. I really like the other features of the Hondata. And really like the idea of coupling the hondata with a JRSC.
2000 Acura Integra Type R
AEM CAI DC / Header 4-1
DaX

Post by DaX »

To use an S200 system, you do have to convert to OBD-I, but if you get a GS-R computer or another OBD-I computer that DID have a knock sensor, you'll be able to still use it. It's just if you go with a P28 or something like that you'll have to disable the knock sensor through the Hondata software.
2kitr

Thanks I see....

Post by 2kitr »

That makes sense and clears up a few things. So when you buy the S200 do you get another ECU with it or do you have to find an OBDI ECU on your own? I am a bit new to this ECU thing. I figured that it would be better than getting a lot of band aid systems.
AEM CAI DC / Header 4-1
DaX

Post by DaX »

Hondata does not provide you with an ECU, so you'll have to source one of those yourself. Ebay is probably your best bet. You'll also have to get an OBD-II to OBD-I conversion harness, or you may still be able to buy an ECU from Hondata that is OBD-I but has been fit with OBD-II sockets. They may be out of these though, and they may not have come from a car with a knock sensor, this is something you'll have to check on. If you can't find a computer with a knock sensor, a few people are using a J&S safeguard system with their Hondata systems and despite a few problems with the Tach [which have been worked out...see other posts on this board], it's supposed to work pretty well.
2kitr

Post by 2kitr »

Thanks again. I really appreciate it.
AEM CAI DC / Header 4-1