can hondata do the job?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
sleepintergra_r

can hondata do the job?

Post by sleepintergra_r »

i own a intergra ls 97 and i was about to do a ls vtec but the shop that i went through said that it would be cheaper to do a full motor swap to a type r motor. so this is were it gets more intresting we are trying to bulid an automatic type r so my problem is that ecu needs to be redone can you do that i the shift pionts changed and vtec engaugement lower qalso the revs turned up
DaX

Post by DaX »

Hondata will not work for cars with automatic transmissions. And if you can get a Type-R motor for less than the cost of doing an LS-VTEC, PLEASE let a fellow know about it! :lol:
sleepintergra_r

oh really dax

by the way my car is done and i am pretty sure that hondata did the job. i talked to the shop that is working on the carand they said that the car is being finished up and so the only way they were going to try was hondata.. and by the way the ls vtec would have been cheaper was that i was getting a skunk2 intake manifold , cam gears, gauges and having a v afc install and a unused 98 type r head put on the car. so they said they would buy mt motor and type r head . i keep the tranny so i did not get the ecu and the tranny so that is how :twisted:
sleepintergra_r

so this how it is cheaper

so the way it works out is that i sell my motor to the shop and they sell me the type r
no tranny no ecu and thursday i will tell you if it can be done oh and do you work for hondata. 8)
DaX

Post by DaX »

What I meant to say was that you can't use the S200 with an auto tranny. You can use a stage 2 or 3. No I do not work for Hondata. Just a poor georgia boy.
sleepintergra_r

what do you mean by that/

WHEN YOU wrote you can not use the s200 with an auto tranny what did you mean bY that? i was talking about a type r vs an ls vtec :twisted:
DaX

Post by DaX »

I was referring to the comment in your first post where you said you were trying to build an auto type r. I see what you're saying about the type r vs. ls-vtec now...anyhow I just stumbled upon a type r head today i will probably pick up to build my ls-vtec from. :D