What do I need? ODB-II 1996 Integra LS automatic boosted

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
rlrhett

What do I need? ODB-II 1996 Integra LS automatic boosted

Post by rlrhett »

OK, I've read the whole web site over and over and I still am not sure what I need.

I want to install a turbo and would like to use the Hondata system for timing and fuel management. I know that I need to use the older Stage 2 for my automatic transmition. But what else?

Do I need to get a different ECU or will my existing ODB-II ECU work?
Do I need the "boost" option, or can I use a 3-Bar MAP I already have with the basic system?
If I need a different ECU, what ECU should I get and do I need adapters/wires/etc.?
If I change my ECU, will the car no longer be CARB legal? Would I need to swap the old ECU in for smog testing? I know I would have to strip the turbo for CARB, but I would hope I wouldn't need to change over the whole engine management as well.

Thanks.
TurboC

Post by TurboC »

Yup, youll need the boost option.. youll be using the 3 bar map sensor if you plan to raise your boost past 11 lbs. the standard Honda MAP sensor can only read boost up to 11 lbs. im not good in explaining but i hope it helps... :) i dont think you have to change your existing ecu since you were able to run your hondata.. please correct me if im wrong.. :)
plavine

Post by plavine »

You may want to call Hondata. I don't think they support Automatics after 95. Just what I heard.