hondata deal went sour

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
B20T

hondata deal went sour

Post by B20T »

why don't hondata sell there 4b ecu with the injector resistor box. they never mention anything about getting a resistor box if you have diffrent injector untill you spend 1g for there computer and it cuts out and call them back and then they say yeh you need a injector resistor box ... what a joke. should of bought a aem more expensive but at least it works.. :x
JT

Post by JT »

The resistor box is ONLY required if you use P&H injectors. So if you use saturated injectors, then you don't need a resistor box. Therefore, why would or should Hondata include a resistor box? You can buy a used resistor box for about $20. :roll:
Jordo

Post by Jordo »

would i hvae this problem if i was running RC 550cc injectors?
s300
Hondata
Site Admin

Resistor Box

Post by Hondata »

You need a resistor box with low impedence injectors (it's nothing to do the stage 4b). See http://hondata.com/techinjectorwiring.html

Where did you get the injectors from? Hondata does not usually sell directly to customers so the dealer should have told you to use an injector resistor box.
Hondata
camshaft

its not hondata's fault you didnt' do your home work

Post by camshaft »

:evil:
B20T..... if you don't put oil , coolant into your engine is that the dude's that sold you the engine's fault ?

Hondata rocks, if you compair option to option

Hondata doesn't know what you are putting into your engine ?
Stock injectors, RC's etc etc...

just my .02

Cam
knowledge

hondata support

Post by knowledge »

i agree the dealer should have told you this. and you can also read in the hondata romeditor manual which you or who ever was tuning youre car should have read on page 20 titled "fueling" where it tells the procedure for telling if you will need a resistor box. this is in know way hondatas fault if youre car is running factory injectors than the resistor box would already be there cause youre factory ecu would have needed it too.