Unable to scale TPS?

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Twisted-X

Unable to scale TPS?

Post by Twisted-X »

I haven't scaled the TPS yet, and tried to do so today but couldn't because it was grayed out. I had the key turned forward to just before start, the fuel pump kicked on, and the laptop said it was connected. I opened the parameters window, clicked on Knock/TPS, and in the "scale TPS" box the "Read" buttons are grayed out. I can change the values manually, but it won't read.

Sorry, don't have the Serial # off the top 'o my head.
Kmanager ver 1.4.0.0
No datalog yet.
'05 Civic SI
PNF ECU/Kpro
Icebox, DCRH, 2.25" cat-back
Netbook with Windows 7, logged in as Adminstrator.

Do I need to have the ECU in Open Loop to scale the TPS?

TIA
Attachments
k20a3-civic-factoryTEST.kal
(47.6 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Last edited by Twisted-X on Mon May 17, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kb58

Post by kb58 »

Why do you want to scale it, is it a non-Honda part? As long as the pot is linear and the ends connected to ground and +5V, it'll be fine as-is, no scaling necessary.
Mid-engine K24 turbo Locost, http://www.midlana.com
Twisted-X

Post by Twisted-X »

I'm just getting a little bucking when barely off/on the throttle and driving downhill. I read through some threads here and someone said they calibrated the TPS and it fixed the problem, so I thought I'd try it. I didn't do a datalog because I forgot to set the ECU to do it, and I'm not comfortable messing with my laptop while I'm driving.

I'm using the stock TPS.
Last edited by Twisted-X on Mon May 17, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floppie

Post by Floppie »

Just start the datalog when you start the car, go drive for a few minutes, come back, and then stop the datalog ;)
Twisted-X

Post by Twisted-X »

Datalogs should be done in open loop, correct?
Also, is there a setting to tell the ECU to go to open loop at, say, WOT?

Thanks again.
Floppie

Post by Floppie »

For a TPS datalog it doesn't matter if it's open loop. Open loop datalogging is only necessary when you're tuning your fuel maps.

And the ECU will switch to open loop at WOT normally - it does it above a certain load, configurable in the closed loop tab.
scttydb411

Post by scttydb411 »

you need to click the lightning bolt to start live logging to be able to scale the tps (no need to record).

and you should always scale the tps. even on stock cars, I haven't seen one perfectly set w/o calibrating it.
HONDATA DEALER/TUNING IN ATLANTA!!
DIGITALBOXTUNING
678-614-3596
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must also have your calibration open in the software when datalogging in order to calibrate the TPS.
Floppie

Post by Floppie »

scttydb411 wrote:and you should always scale the tps. even on stock cars, I haven't seen one perfectly set w/o calibrating it.
QFT. I had to scale my stock one from 2 to 104 or something to that effect. This one - OEM replacement - requires 1 to 103.