KManager V1.4.5.7 Beta

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
tiger

Post by tiger »

eXceed wrote:When changing any setting it performs the change on every table... Where has the cam angles checkbox gone?
In the Tables window, there are two sections. The actual tables and the graph (2D or 3D). When this happened to me, I found out you need to increase the size of the actual tables section. To do this, take your mouse and move it over the bar that separates the two sections. It will turn into a two-arrow pointer. Then just slide it to the right until your drop box and check box appears again in the tables section.
eXceed

Post by eXceed »

tiger wrote:
eXceed wrote:When changing any setting it performs the change on every table... Where has the cam angles checkbox gone?
In the Tables window, there are two sections. The actual tables and the graph (2D or 3D). When this happened to me, I found out you need to increase the size of the actual tables section. To do this, take your mouse and move it over the bar that separates the two sections. It will turn into a two-arrow pointer. Then just slide it to the right until your drop box and check box appears again in the tables section.

Thanks for posting I found this out about 5 mins after i left the house lool. Loving the beta at the moment!
tiger

Post by tiger »

eXceed wrote:
tiger wrote:

Thanks for posting I found this out about 5 mins after i left the house lool. Loving the beta at the moment!
No problem, and the beta definitely has some cool additions.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We've updated the beta to fix the problems which have been found:

V1.4.4 Changes:
• Changed table window so that the toolbar wraps around.
• Fixed target lambda tables not being saved.
• Fixed stock knock parameter not being saved.

Thanks for your help.
Hondata
tiger

Post by tiger »

Hondata wrote:We've updated the beta to fix the problems which have been found:

V1.4.4 Changes:
• Changed table window so that the toolbar wraps around.
• Fixed target lambda tables not being saved.
• Fixed stock knock parameter not being saved.

Thanks for your help.
Indeed. Thank you!
tiger

Post by tiger »

For the closed loop lambda control:

To my understanding, the ECU should be obtaining the target A/F ratio by interpolating low load and high load values from the table. And it does not allow the target A/F go beyond the set limit.

If that is how it is supposed to work then I think there may be an issue as the A/F command now becomes what you set the limit to be. For example, I set the closed loop lambda limit to 15.50. I then saved and uploaded the kal. When idling the A/F cmd is 14.59 which makes sense because it's idling. As soon as I start driving my A/F cmd becomes the set limit which is 15.50. Just to make sure, I set the limit to 14.8 and that became the new A/F cmd.
roland

Knock sensitivity tables

Post by roland »

Testing version 1.4.4.0

While comparing my knock sensitivity high and low speed tables, I noticed that the RPM values for each row on the high speed table were the same as the RPM values on the low speed.

Is this a display bug or some other issue?

Note that in the attached calibration, I have a custom defined the RPM value index for both high and low speed tables. My custom index is properly applied to all the other knock related tables.

P.S. Is it possible to add a gear condition to the nitrous arming input?
Attachments
CompareKnockSensitivity.kal
(146.56 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

That looks like a problem - the knock sensitivity and knock retard high speed tables are using the low speed rpm index. Will fix this Monday.
Hondata
roland

Post by roland »

Hondata wrote:That looks like a problem - the knock sensitivity and knock retard high speed tables are using the low speed rpm index. Will fix this Monday.
Thank you :)

I have one more issue to you can add to the list - VTEC stopped functioning in my car (2005 RSX Type S) after uploading the tune I built in the K-Manager beta.

I have my lower boundary set at 3300 RPM and the upper boundary at 4500 RPM. The attached datalog shows a WOT pull in 3rd gear from ~2000 to ~6000 RPM. VTP is off the whole time and it was obvious from the lack of torque and engine tone that the high speed lobes did not engage.
Attachments
NoVTEC.kdl
(89.19 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
NoVTEC.kal
(156.83 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, that appears to be a problem too. Very strange as I made no changes to VTEC for this release. Should be fixed Monday as well.
Hondata
kidinatype_S

Post by kidinatype_S »

I have tried to edit the WOT cat. protection tables since I am not using a cat., and the values do not change, its this correct?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You'll have to be more specific - what values in what table are you changing, and when do they not change?
Hondata
kidinatype_S

Post by kidinatype_S »

In the main Table, drop down, went to WOT comp(cat protection) low, and high speed. I am unable to edit these tables. Like if I select all, and hit control D nothing changes? I want to know since I am not using a cat. Also the Same goes for the normal WOT comp tables, but I do not want to edit those.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The stock ECU does not engage VTEC when the target AF is leaner than 15.0:1. Closed loop while running on the high speed cam is not a common occurrence so I've removed this check.

We've released a new beta which fixes the knock retard and knock sensitivity high speed rpm indexes as well as the VTEC not engaging problem.

I can not find any problems editing the WOT compensation tables - screen-shots would be the next step.
Hondata
kidinatype_S

Post by kidinatype_S »

ok, well I will see if I can grab a screen shot for you. Now with the 1.4.5 update all my tables show only low speed index! Also the 2d 3d viewer window now shows 0 rpm and it never has before. Hope I explained that last part well.

BTW: I am using windows XP, and had no problem engaging v-tec with the previous 1.4.4 beta