ID1000 cold & hot start problem

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
contectr

ID1000 cold & hot start problem

Post by contectr »

Hi Hondata ..
I have a Turbo EP3 twinscroll Gt3582R with Kpro.
Since I installed the injectors ID 1000 I have continued problems starting hot and cold. The cranking is long and when the car part seems to be "packed".
I have corrected the dead time with the values ​​provided by Injector dynamics but this did not correct the problem.
I noticed that decreasing the values ​​of cranking injector pulse at 60 ° F and 160 ° F has helped slightly.
I tried to decline further to 60 ° F and now I have about 3 ms, but does not improve.
I do not pretend to have the car as fast as the starter with the original injectors, but it should not take 5 seconds of cranking.
As soon as the engine is started indicates 10.5 afr wideband plx.
I enter the datalog start
Attachments
avviamento 13-05.kdl
(53.97 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Honda Ep3 stock k20a2 jrsc
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: ID1000 cold & hot start problem

Post by Spunkster »

The dead times provided by the manufacturer do not appear to be correct. Try adjusting them and see if that helps.
contectr

Post by contectr »

Spunkster you sure about this?
I have taken the value from the table at the site Injector Dynamics

http://www.injectordynamics.com/ID1000.html

this is the picture of the table from the injector dynamics website..

I have used the value for 40 psi of fuel because i have the stock fpr with returnless system (55psi) and i have a boost of 12 psi...

So the fuel pressure - the pressure from about 40 psi of boost as a setting for optimum linearity when there is boost pressure

Now I have to keep rather than 10 times the value for 55 psi? usually cranking the engine when the battery voltage remains stable at 10:50 volts ...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We have heard of a number of people that have had trouble gettting the ID injectors to run properly using the supplied values.
contectr

Post by contectr »

Ok Spunkster...what value i can use for a little good startup?i don't want to burn my battery and starter motor!
The car in the wot and part throttle are perfect and beautiful to drive...
I can modify only the dead time at 10 volts, normally when cranking the voltage battery is around 10 volts for see if that help??
I can try with the stock honda dead time for 310 cc?
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

I just installed a set of ID1000's in my TSX (preping for my turbo install) which has a very similar fuel system to your EP3. I used the deadtimes for 50 psi and added .15 to each of the numbers. I also found that I needed to tell the Kpro that they were 900cc injectors instead of 1000s.

Doing this made the car start-up and run almost perfect. I was able to re-tune the car in 45 minutes on the dyno since it was so damn close. Hot Start has no issues and my car started up on the first crank this morning after sitting 12 hours.

I will note that my battery is only about 1 month old so I am very confident in my electrical system providing the juice the car needs to start.

I'm actually amazed because the car runs and idles like it is stock. The funny thing is the max duty cycle of 30% since I'm still running all-motor right now :)
Need a Kpro or s300 Tuned in the Toronto area? Send me a PM.
contectr

Post by contectr »

OK..this can help me..
and for the cranking pulse do you have used the stock value provided by Hondata Kal?
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

I'm using all the stock value provided by the original .KAL
If you want I can take a peak at your .kal for you.. One of my emails is in my sig.
contectr

Post by contectr »

I tried to set the pulse cranking as Kal original and change the dead time with the table ID values ​​for pressure 50 psi + 0.15 for any value but the problem is cold in the same way!
Takes about 4 seconds to start and I think too much.
contectr

Post by contectr »

Ok, after having "sailed" on various forums to find a solution I could see that it is an issue of ID 1000. Many members of the Mitsubishi EVO, Subaru STI, Nissan GT-R and have this problem complain of goodwill despite having tried and tested various solutions including different pressure of fuel, dead time, pulse etc. cranking.

This morning I ran some tests ...
calibration with 1000 cc, stock honda Fpr I tried, dead time provided by ID and cranking pulse supplied by Honda in its basic calibration effort from the car.
At this point I tried to add the cranking fuel trim 50% of fuel but that does not help the fact your car will not start producing the smell of gasoline. So I guess the gas is in excess, same thing with 20% and even 0%.
At this point after starting the datalog I noticed that the time of injection INJ with 50% of petrol in the cranking fuel trim was 15.90 ms (at 8000 rpm on the wot i have 11 ms), with about 20% of 12 ms and 0% of gasoline with about 9 ms.

At this point I tried leaving unchanged the other parameters to reduce the cranking pulse for temperatures of 60 ° F (20 ° C), raising it from 29.30 to 15 and this seems to help, the car starts after 3 seconds of start-up and L 'INJ marks 5.50 ms.

Keep in mind that the minimum cold idle my marks INJ 1.60 ms.

Now someone has solved this problem want to reveal the "secret" or this thing is too expensive?!
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

I have mine set as 900cc injectors and my car starts up after a second or 2. Try that maybe?
contectr

Post by contectr »

I have not try to set it at 900 cc but if this is the problem just put in the cranking fuel trim -10% because the difference between 1000 and 900 is just 10%.
I tried with-50% and +50%, but does not help either way unfortunately.
I have made the same test with +20% and -20%...
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

Got your .kal -

I need to know your exact setup and what MAP you are using. I see a few things which are making me go hmmmm...
contectr

Post by contectr »

You have a PM...
Tomorrow i try with 900cc on fuel trim if this help!
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

I notice a few other things... Will be in touch later...