Car only starts for a second and no upload option anymore

Post by rsxf@n »

When posting a KPro problem with your vehicle, please include:
- PRB-A07
- the calibration (as an attachment)-N/A
- a datalog of a problem (as an attachment)-N/A
- 02 RSX-S
- 9.8 wiseco pistons, 1000 ID injectors, FMIC, T3/T4 turbo

- After receiving a new calibration from my tuner and uplaoding it my car would not start. I was driving around a few hours before uploading the calibration so I know my car is in working order. I tried to upload the old map and it did the same and would only start for a second then die. So when I went to try the new map again it loaded about 1/3 of the way then froze so I exited out. Now I dont have the option to uplaod a map to the ECU. The laptop doesnt show the igition on anymore after I turn the ignition key on. Before in the KPro section all the info came up with green check marks, firmware was up to date and so was everything else, now nothing appears in that section. So i tried uplaoding older versions which had no affect. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the program and that did not help. After seeing the other posts in this forum it seems to be a common problem. I also had the 5500 RPM rev limit with version 1.5.1.0 then updated to 3.0.3 which took care of the rev limit problem. I took datalogs for my tuner, when i got the updated map from my tuner and uplaoded it thats when my car wouldnt start. Please help, let me know if you need any other info, or please come out with version 3.0.4 to fix this problem.
turbogixxer

Re: Car only starts for a second and no upload option anymor

Post by turbogixxer »

Having the same problem on 3 different cars and other tuner is having the same problem. I put AEM in one car, it starts and runs fine.
b.r.i.a.n.

Post by b.r.i.a.n. »

i am having the same exact problem right now. the car came to me running perfectly fine on a previous version of the software. i was driving around and logging and after making the first upload the car would start for a second and shut off immediately.
2003 Civic Si - 241 whp/166 tq - all motor - sold
2002 S2000 - 234 whp/155 tq - e85 powered :D
2006 TSX - daily driver
rsxf@n

Post by rsxf@n »

Yes, this seems like a software issue. Lets just hope they (Hondata) get it together!
chadwyk

Post by chadwyk »

i have a similar issue
pingpong

Post by pingpong »

Seems like its a common problem - we have 3 cars that have 3.0.3 with the no start problem and no communication, and 2 with the 5500rpm limiter on 1.5.1... We need a resolution!!
lemmiwinks

Post by lemmiwinks »

I've also got the exact same issue.

Car would start, then stall instantly. Now in kmanager my ignition status is always off.

Also got a 4507 Rev13d
Clean_EH2

Post by Clean_EH2 »

lemmiwinks wrote:I've also got the exact same issue.

Car would start, then stall instantly. Now in kmanager my ignition status is always off.

Also got a 4507 Rev13d
I am having the same exact issue!!! This is definitely a problem in the software. Hopefully, hondata realizes that and resolves the issue instead of giving customers the runaround when they call in!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Each of you, please follow the posting guidelines. Also, do not ever 'backdate' the software version.
Hondata
turbogixxer

Post by turbogixxer »

Hondata wrote:Each of you, please follow the posting guidelines.
we are all having the EXACT same issue. I cant post every customers K-pro I had a problem with, they are not with me. Seems like everyone I know that uses the newer 3.0.3 is having the same problem. I can post KALs if you want.

Edit, None of the Kpros I did were back dated.
lemmiwinks

Post by lemmiwinks »

Kpro serial number: 05005017
ECU: 37820-PRB-Q02 2069 300068
kmanager: 3.0.3.0
kal: attached
datalog: attached
Car: Honda integra DC5R
Mods: JRSC, AEM wideband, ID725cc injectors

Car starts and instantly dies
Attachments
sc_id725.kal
(151.15 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
cold start attempt.kdl
(359.84 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Clean_EH2

Post by Clean_EH2 »

bump...for some updates
b.r.i.a.n.

Post by b.r.i.a.n. »

Hondata wrote:Each of you, please follow the posting guidelines. Also, do not ever 'backdate' the software version.
i don't have the customers car with me. i had another customer call me at work this morning reporting the same problem after changing the launch limiter last night.

there are plenty of people reporting the same exact problem with the latest software.
2003 Civic Si - 241 whp/166 tq - all motor - sold
2002 S2000 - 234 whp/155 tq - e85 powered :D
2006 TSX - daily driver
The Spectacle

Post by The Spectacle »

I had a similar problem after accidently hitting upload changes while the car was running instead of datalog. It partially loaded the map and failed. After that, exact same results everyone here is posting. To fix it, I had to reload the calibration from scratch in th Kpro -> Calibration window (this took a few tries before I got it to work again).

Version 3 of the software isn't very clear on uploading changes to the map vs uploading an entirely new calibration. I think there's room for improvement here. Would love to offer my feedback, if requested.
bluhatch99

Post by bluhatch99 »

have the same problem, i tried reloading the calibration from scratch a couple of times and still nothing, need awnsers please help all happend after uploading a tune with 3.0.3 software before everything was good with the older 1.4.1