O2 sensor voltage 4.1v ??

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
seanyreeves

O2 sensor voltage 4.1v ??

Post by seanyreeves »

- serial number of your K-Pro (Unsure on location)
- ECU part number (PRA ECU - UK spec ep3)
- KManager version (1.5.1.0)
- Calibration (see attachment)
- what sort of vehicle you have (uk spec em2 with uk spec k20a2)
- anything about the car which has been modified from stock which may affect the ECU (Dc header, k and n induction)
- a specific description of the problem:

basically i purchased the car with kpro already installed and running no o2 sensors, the engine loom was butchered so i fitted a new unmodified loom. have wired in the o2 sensors as stated on the xprodutions DIY website (http://www.xproductionz.com/k20swap/k20swap.html). then i switched the + and - to the secondary pins to run in closed loop, and the lambda sensor that was in the car got plugged in. when kmanager running the voltage reads at 4.1v for the secondary o2 sensor and afr stays at 14.7. I presumed the sensor was shot so i got a new one thats working, plugged it in and it read 0.9v and i thought great its ok. then after a minute or so at idle it crept up to 1.5v and eventually got back to 4.1v. is there anything im doing wrong?
Attachments
Normal standard map.kal
(141.67 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: O2 sensor voltage 4.1v ??

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot use the OEM wideband and run closed loop with a PRA ECU.
seanyreeves

Post by seanyreeves »

the oem sensor is a narrowband over this side of the water.

can i wire in a plx wideband and use the narrowband output or will my PRA not run off an o2 sensor at all?
seanyreeves

Post by seanyreeves »

anyone help?

i cant see every ep3 over here having to run in open loop with an engine light on or having to install a wideband surely?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It would be best to use the factory narrowband sensors and wire them according to the factory manual.
seanyreeves

Post by seanyreeves »

have now done this and refitted a new tested working o2 sensor, just keep getting a o2 voltage high error code, have attached a datalog.
Attachments
Datalog-120411-000.kdl
(4.04 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Then you may have damaged the ECU when you had it wired with something else. Or you still have improper wiring. Since this is an engine swap, it could be either, or both.
seanyreeves

Post by seanyreeves »

ok, well i have literally just taken the plus and minus from the sensor straigh to the ecu. should i try it in someone elses car then that has a working kpro and see if i still get the error code then. would it be repairable if someting has broken or will i need a new kpro?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can try it in another workign vehicle, but if you find the ECU is damaged then it will have to be replaced.