First start problems with Deatschwerks 800cc

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
tiger

Re: First start problems with Deatschwerks 800cc

Post by tiger »

update: problem is back. disregard all that i said. I'm really at a lost....
tiger

Post by tiger »

Hondata,

I read the help file for tuning starting fuel for FlashPro. It was very informative, however, KPro does not have some of those tables. Tables like "Water Temp Fuel Compensation Cranking","Cranking Wall Deposit Compensation" and what I feel is even more important "cranking air temperature fuel compensation". I feel like those would better help me solve my problem.

My main problem is hard starting at a certain temp which in the help file for FlashPro suggests changing the "Water Temp Comp Cranking".

Can I use KPro's "Water Temp Compensation" for cranking? It states it's only for idle and light load. If not is there a way you guys can enable us KPro users to modify cranking fuel compensations depending on water temp and air intake temp?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The RSX ECU does not use air temperature compensation for cranking.
Hondata
tiger

Post by tiger »

Hondata wrote:The RSX ECU does not use air temperature compensation for cranking.
I'm disappointed to hear that. I had a little more time to test yesterday and did two datalogs of starting up. One in the early morning where the ambient temp was 73 deg and one a few hours later after the ambient temp rose to about 94 deg. The datalogs show ECT (and everything else) at roughly the exact same temp for both startups but the IAT read much higher later that day and the engine struggled much more compared to the morning startup.

I had hoped there could be some sort of air temp comp because of this observation. However, after reading the FlashPro help file, and the discussion it contains on how to diagnose the cranking problems I ditched my tuned fuel maps and loaded a base map, entering Hondata dead times and scales for the 800s. Then removed 10% from cranking trim, that showed an improvement. Then removed 20%, starts up fast now. I'm gonna wait til it gets real hot today and try to start her up again to see how she does. Will update then.
tiger

Post by tiger »

Hondata,

So using a stock map and changing the dead times to what you guys have listed for the 800cc injectors, the car is starting much better. It doesn't take a long time to crank anymore. The only thing that is happening is it seems to dip or bog as soon as it cranks. I have attached a pic and the datalog. You can see that as soon as it cranks up, it bogs right down, then recovers for a normal crank and warm up. What exactly is happening there and how should I go about adjusting the crank parameters?
Attachments
080912 warm start.kdl
(264.74 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
warm start.jpg
warm start.jpg (83.39 KiB) Viewed 2000 times