Kpro removal

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Nazul

Kpro removal

Post by Nazul »

A friend of mine wants to remove his kpro from the ecu,
when doing so and starting the car, its not working.
The car starts but is running in emergency mode.

How can you remove the kpro and make it standard again to run on the normal ecu alone with standard map?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Kpro removal

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot do this. Once an ECU has a K-pro installed, the K-Pro must stay installed.
Nazul

Post by Nazul »

And why is that? Why is that not noted anywhere in the manual, website, box, wherever in capitals, so people would know this before kpro'ing it?

What right does your company have in making this choice for the client without informing him?
Sounds to me that you are deliberately hiding this from people?
Nazul

Post by Nazul »

Any feedback on that?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You're the first to query this in 8 years. We'll add it to the documentation.
Hondata
Nazul

Post by Nazul »

So my friend is obliged to buy another ECU if he wants to sell his hondata?

He is not able to sell it seperately?
You know that this way of business is illegal in Europe, and the fact that u not included it in the manual?

A client should always have the right to resell its property, this is impossible this way.
I was wondering why is this possible with S300, flashpro, and not with kpro then, to make the car stock again.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If you send a block to get sleeved, it is a requirement that it can be return to how it was beforehand?

They are different products. With the KPro the ECU is modified. Once done so it is not easily modified back to stock. We though that was easily apparent and did not require special notification, but since this seems to have especially upset at least one person we'll document it in a better way.
Hondata
Nazul

Post by Nazul »

So why do you assume people would know this since it is possible with the s300, flashpro, traction control, please do explain!

Dont worry about me, you can worry about all the other ones in Belgium now, who think this is a disgrace.
I dont know one guy here who knew this was impossible so I dont believe this is funny for u guys.

You guys were aware of this all along and chose to hide it to make bigger sells probably.

But this still keeps us to the question unanswered: u are aware that deceiving clients or unholding information to clients is illegal in the EU? If you sell something in the EU u are subject to the law here and not the one of the US.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We have not been deliberately deceiving clients - we did not choose to hide this as you have stated.

I don't think there is anything further to add to this conversation.
Hondata