AFR and ignition behavior normal?

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
BMR

AFR and ignition behavior normal?

Post by BMR »

I am having a misfire at idle and I am not sure if the oxygen sensor is going bad or if I have another problem. Can someone confir if the bahavior in the attachment for afr and ignition is normal?

Thanks
Attachments
20130417_184935.jpg
20130417_184935.jpg (2.38 MiB) Viewed 1905 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: AFR and ignition behavior normal?

Post by Hondata »

The ignition is normal (see http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16144).

The AF is slow to respond, which could be from a number of causes - incorrect o2 sensor, exhaust air leak, o2 too far down the exhaust, heater not working.
Hondata
BMR

Post by BMR »

Hondata wrote:The ignition is normal (see http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16144).

The AF is slow to respond, which could be from a number of causes - incorrect o2 sensor, exhaust air leak, o2 too far down the exhaust, heater not working.
Thanks for the response. I thought that the ignition behavior was normal since I remembered it being that way in datalogs

I thought that the O2 reading was incorrect since I did not remember it being that way. I thought it would be linear instead of oscilating that much.

incorrect o2 sensor - I don't think this is the issue. I bought a new oem sensor initially when I did the swap. Could it be that is going bad?

exhaust air leak - the exhaust air leak would need to be in the header or exhaust piping, correct? I do not have any leaks so I do not think this could be the issue

O2 too far down the exhaust - I am using one of the common aftermarket headers. I don't think this is the issue.

heater not working - Would this affect the sensor reading even after the engine has warmed up or only at cold start up?
I believe this could be the issue. Is there a common heater avaliable recommended for use?
Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

you cannot replace the heater. You have to replace hte entire sensor. A bad heater will act up at all times.
BMR

Post by BMR »

Thanks for your help