Kpro4 wideband lambda

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
maxouni

Re: Kpro4 wideband lambda

Post by maxouni »

I have not found wiring for digital input of wideband. Can anyone help me to wire it up?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

http://www.hondata.com/help/kmanager/di ... ub=digital

I know it says Kpro3 only, but it also applies to the K-Pro V4.
bdtan

Post by bdtan »

Hondata wrote:What is the bosch 4.2U ?

With the KPro4 you can connect a wideband lambda with analog or digital output to the KPro4, and the KPro4 will send the lambda to the ECU. The ECU can then run in closed loop from the narrowband (PRA calibrations) or factory wideband (PRB calibrations) or from the external wideband (both PRA and PRB calibrations).

eg For a Euro CTR with a PRA ECU and PRA (or PRB) calibration you can run in closed loop from the external wideband.

eg For a US S2000 with PRB ECU and PRA (or PRB) calibration you can run in closed loop from the external wideband.

In both cases the external wideband can be used for datalogging (as it could with the KPro3).

Also in both cases the factory o2 sensor can be removed completely.

We've tried to put the same features in both the PRA and PRB calibrations now, so there is not much difference between them in features, but since the PRB calibrations are designed to run from a wideband sensor rather than the narrowband like the PRA, closed loop operation was better in our testing using a PRB calibration.

Hi the KPro Instructions and documentation say that the S2000 (2004 model) must "only use PRA ECU Calibrations," but in your post you reference using PRB calibrations with the S2000 KPro.
I'm trying to use my KPro in closed loop with my GlowShift wideband's 0-5V analog input input into my KPro4's analog input.
I had the car dyno tuned by Jim at Motorvations in AL. He was great. The car runs awesome at full throttle, but since he sent me away driving on the Open loop setting, it's not adapting to ambient conditions and is usually running rich at low or part throttle. I'd like to get my car to run better at low and part throttle and to adapt to ambient conditions to be better on gas consumption.
SHould I use the target lambda feature with the wideband? I tried running my car in closed loop using the wideband analog input, but it doesn't run very well...way too rich.
Would using the PRB calibration be much better?
What do you recommend?

Thanks,
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the serial number on the K-Pro board inside the ECU?
bdtan

Post by bdtan »

Spunkster wrote:What is the serial number on the K-Pro board inside the ECU?
Instead of pulling my ecu, can I connect my Kmanager and use the "send information..." function from the Help menu to send in ECU and calibration details?

Thanks,
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

IT will be best for you to open the ECU to get the serial number as this will also allow you to see what color the board is.
bdtan

Post by bdtan »

Spunkster wrote:IT will be best for you to open the ECU to get the serial number as this will also allow you to see what color the board is.
Here's a pic of my board.
I actually changed to an Innovate MTX-L last week, and it's still doing some wacky stuff when I try to run in wideband closed loop. It just runs way too rich even though I have target lambda tables set.
Attachments
IMG_20170127_232435.jpg
IMG_20170127_232435.jpg (4.72 MiB) Viewed 7468 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There really is no preferred method, it is whichever is easier or you prefer.
bdtan

Post by bdtan »

Spunkster wrote:There really is no preferred method, it is whichever is easier or you prefer.
Okay, so I have a dyno tune already on a PRA calibration. How do I convert that to a PRB?
Also, do you have recommendations on the settings for running the car in wideband closed loop? I'd like it to run in closed loop all the time if possible.
If running on wideband closed loop is more problematic, do you see good results with narrowband closed loop on a setup like this?

Thanks,
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot easily convert a PRA calibration to a PRB. You can copy the ignition tables over, but the fuel values will be different and require retuning.

You can run closed loop form an aftermarket wideband with a K-Pro 4 and a PRA calibration.
bdtan

Post by bdtan »

Spunkster wrote:You cannot easily convert a PRA calibration to a PRB. You can copy the ignition tables over, but the fuel values will be different and require retuning.

You can run closed loop form an aftermarket wideband with a K-Pro 4 and a PRA calibration.

Okay, but mine doesn't run well at all when using the wideband input. The computer doesn't come anywhere close to the target lambda, nor does it come anywhere close to the afcmd. It's all over the ultra rich and ultra lean. WOT is thankfully ultra rich instead of lean. But open loop seems to be tuned pretty well. Definitely at WOT, the afr is nice and flat as tuned on the dyno in open loop.
What might be causing this closed loop not being able properly get to target lambda?

Also, can I run in closed loop all the way through the rpm range and load range? up to 160mB?

Thanks,
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Has this been properly tuned on the dyno for all the load ranges you are trying to un in closed loop, or are you just expecting the closed loop to fully adjust to the running conditions?
bdtan

Post by bdtan »

Spunkster wrote:Has this been properly tuned on the dyno for all the load ranges you are trying to un in closed loop, or are you just expecting the closed loop to fully adjust to the running conditions?
This was tuned on a DynoJet for all load values as far I understand. Jim tuned for part throttle and idle. Of course it was tuned in open loop.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should discuss this with your tuner as it sounds like some additional tuning may be needed for closed loop operation.
curtusz

Post by curtusz »

I have pra ecu using aem uego, I'm using target lambda I have the offest to -0.2 mine runs perfectly even on full load , maybe you missed some settings ?