Lean protection not engaging

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
NtegraDryvr

Lean protection not engaging

Post by NtegraDryvr »

Attached is my kal and kdl for my water meth injected m62 powered k24. Look how lean it gets and does not stop regardless of my settings that used to work. I have tried clearing security and reloading the map which made no difference.
Attachments
1-24-15 BBG Test WM As Is.kal
(152.78 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
1-24-15 BBG Test WM As Is-150130-009.kdl
(197.92 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Lean protection not engaging

Post by Spunkster »

Why in the nitrous controls are you removing so much fuel when it is activated? I can see that your injectors are actually cutting out at times, but it appears that your water meth is still flowing and that is what is burning and you are getting a very lean condition.
NtegraDryvr

Post by NtegraDryvr »

I spray 45GPH (2,835cc) worth of 76% methanol to water mix under boost which is why it removes so much fuel. That is why I need the nitrous controls to deactivate upon leancut. I never used to have an issue until now and I'm not sure if something changed with the way Kpro handles lean protection or if it is simply due to me spraying so much more water meth to the point that the motor doesn't cut out and continues to attempt to rev.

Also, if someone were to run Nitrous wouldn't this also be undesirable to have the nitrous continuously spraying when lean cut is activated?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I think you are removing too much fuel and this should be tuned to run on normal fuel first. The water/meth should just be an addition to that. The amount of fuel you are pulling looks like a recipe for disaster.
NtegraDryvr

Post by NtegraDryvr »

I tuned it on 91 before the water meth quite conservatively around 11.5AFR which is about as low as the oem wideband can read. Then the water meth comes on and I have to remove fuel to keep it around 11.7AFR. I spray so much that if I don't remove that much fuel it goes ultra rich and falls on its face. Any other suggestions? This setup was bullet proof before when the lean protection worked because I had nothing to worry about then. Without the water meth my IAT's in 3rd gear can easily reach 225+F. With water meth my IAT's are around 110-130F.
NtegraDryvr

Post by NtegraDryvr »

I am going to attempt stepping down my injection from 45gph to around 34gph at the same mixture in hopes this becomes easier to tune and hopefully lean protection will start working. My theory is that there is/was so much meth that when lean protection was activated the nitrous controls were still active and the meth was enough to fuel the car instead of stopping it dead in its tracks.

Is this something you guys can fix in Kmanager so that it will stop spraying nitrous/water meth when lean protection is active??

Do you have any other suggestions?