K Pro V4 CAN wiring

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
brenthay

K Pro V4 CAN wiring

Post by brenthay »

Hi guys

I'm in the middle of wiring a Aim MXS Strada dash to my K pro v4 and I have a question regarding the Aim wiring compared to the K pro.

So the K pro has Can high and low inputs whereas the wiring on the Aim dash loom is Can - and +.

Which Can + and - is wired to Can h and l?

Cheers
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: K Pro V4 CAN wiring

Post by Hondata »

CAN+ = CANH
CAN- = CANL
Hondata
brenthay

Post by brenthay »

Thanks a lot!

One more quick question, I had a look in the help section but it didn't have any information. But once I connect the 2 CAN wires, is there any configuration on K manager to get the ecu to send info to the dash?

I already have the configuration set up on the aim software ready to go, just not the K manager.

Cheers
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Yes you must set the output in the multiplexer/digital output of parameters.
brenthay

Post by brenthay »

Spunkster wrote:Yes you must set the output in the multiplexer/digital output of parameters.
Thanks a lot!
brenthay

Post by brenthay »

Also under CAN output will the 'aim mxl' option be the same for the new Aim mxs?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

According to Aim, yes.
Hondata
brenthay

Post by brenthay »

Hi guys

Have finished all the wiring and the engine is running. However the Aim MXS strada dash isn't displaying any data.

I have double checked the wiring which is correct and have double checked that the configuration on the Aim software is also correct (It's set to K pro V4 CAN).

Is there anything else I need to do in the K manager software (apart from select Aim mxl in the CAN output section which I have already done) to get the dash to receive/ecu to transmit data?

Cheers
Brent
brenthay

Post by brenthay »

So I was asking around with it and changed the CAN output to motec and it worked!

Very random! All is working well except for my oil pressure sensor reading 10psi with the car off so I'll check those settings.
zeba5

Post by zeba5 »

brenthay wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:42 am So I was asking around with it and changed the CAN output to motec and it worked!

Very random! All is working well except for my oil pressure sensor reading 10psi with the car off so I'll check those settings.
im having the same issue with the oil pressure sensor, did you solve it?? THanks.