Using only seconday o2 sensor

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
SteadFast

Using only seconday o2 sensor

Post by SteadFast »

I have a datsun 510 that I've swapped a F20C into. I have kpro v3 in the car, and the engine is up and running. At this point I only have a seconday o2 sensor (swap didn't come with primary). Is it possible to use only the secondary o2 sensor as the primary? I'd rather not spend $100 on a new primary o2 unless it is needed. If that is the case, I'll likely just upgrade to v4 ($250) and use my wideband. Thanks in advance.
SteadFast

Re: Using only seconday o2 sensor

Post by SteadFast »

Because responses always come faster with pictures!
(wiring will get cleaned up)
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, use a PRA calibration and there is an option 'Use secondary o2 as primary'.
Hondata
SteadFast

Post by SteadFast »

Thanks for the info. I've setup the closed loop like this:

I'm still getting an error code of P0443 EVAP purge valve circuit. I think this has something to do with unchecking this box:

Wouldn't that turn off the second o2 sensor? Thoughts?
fonzeka

Post by fonzeka »

Hondata wrote:Yes, use a PRA calibration and there is an option 'Use secondary o2 as primary'.
Isn't this only for S2000 which use the primary stock sensor connected to the secondary input?
Since front and secondary sensors are not the same I'm wondering if this could really work for the OP.

I think the boxes under ECU Options is only for error checking, pretty sure it will not "turn off" the actual sensors.
Hopefully Hondata will confirm.
Do you have all the EVAP stuff connected including the purge solenoid? If not just uncheck the box.
Really cool car you got btw :)