Power Steering Pressure switch polarity?

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
deaner

Power Steering Pressure switch polarity?

Post by deaner »

In my 2002 RSX type S with K-Pro version 1, when I am stationary and idling the PSP sensor appears in K-manager as "on". If I then turn the steering wheel, PSP changes to "off" briefly (while I am turning the wheel) and then goes back to "on". Based on my understanding of the sensor, I was expecting the opposite behavior.

Does this mean that the PSP polarity should be inverted in my calibration? The Hondata documentation for the PSP invert feature indicates that it allows PSP to be inverted for platforms that have inverted polarity, can you please indicate which platforms require PSP inversion?

Background:
I've been trying to solve an issue with my car where it tends to stall in parking lots when turning at low RPM. I've directed most of my attention towards the idle circuit as the likely suspect, though cleaning the IACV had little impact. However, these issues all started when I updated the calibration in my car using a new laptop with a new version of K-manager (4.3.3) after using an ancient version for years, and I wonder if in doing so I have inadvertently inverted the interpretation of the PSP sensor output in my car (and therefore need to invert it in the cal).

Any input you can offer would be appreciated.

Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Power Steering Pressure switch polarity?

Post by Spunkster »

The power steering pressure should not have to be inverted on an RSX. If you are stalling when turning the wheel, there may be some other issue going on such as a bad power steering pump, or something with the idle controller.

deaner

Post by deaner »

Thank you for the quick reply. I was already suspicious of my power steering pump, I will investigate it next.

So just to confirm, it is expected for the PSP sensor display in k-manager to indicate "off" when the PS pressure is high and "on" when the pressure is low?

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is on without turning the wheel and off when it is turned.

deaner

Post by deaner »

Awesome, thanks for clarifying that for me!

Nightly

Post by Nightly »

Ever fix this?