No fuel upon cam swap

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Teamxcelap2

No fuel upon cam swap

Post by Teamxcelap2 »

I have an 04 AP2 with the InlinePro 2.4L stroker. I was replacing the Skunk2 cams (which didn't give me the power that the factory ones do on that configuration) with the factory ones.
I swapped them and buttoned it all back together only to get nothing. The starter would turn over the engine but no fuel was coming out. I even pulled the plugs to confirm. Apparently the rear cam plate on the back of the intake cam came off (looks like it was making contact with the inside of the valve cover and backed off). I didn't notice when pulling it apart so when swapping cam gears, I just figured the exhaust cam had the rear plate and the intake didn't. After all, the new valve cover only has one TDC sensor on the exhaust side, rather than 2 like the stock one.
So my question is does the 06 use the 1 exhaust sensor to somehow read both cams? If it's looking for a reading from the intake side and it's not there, I could see that causing it to not pulse the injectors. But how that works I have no clue.
Any input would be great. I didn't touch anything else on this job and I daily the car (I know) so I need it to work.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: No fuel upon cam swap

Post by Spunkster »

IF you are using the K-Pro with an S2000 then it only looks at the exhaust cam. If everything was running prior to swapping this then I would suspect a mechanical problem or a wiring issue.