2003 Civic Si w/PND ECU w/KPro

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
TheRs

2003 Civic Si w/PND ECU w/KPro

Post by TheRs »

First of all I'd like to say that I've searched everywhere I know to look and couldn't find a clear answer. I did find a tutorial on YouTube but I want to confirm my interpretation of it. I appreciate everyone's time, thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I am new to the tuner scene and have only ever worked on OBD1 B Series swaps in EF chassis.

I just bought an EP3 with a K24a2 swap and Kpro on a PND ECU. I'd like to run a TSX stock basemap and have the following questions-

1. Is having the PND ECU going to give me any issues? I know it's a base RSX ECU.

2. When I go to create a new Calibration, do I choose the ECU I currently have from the drop down menu, the original ECU that should be in my chassis or the stock ECU that the engine should be on? I obviously don't have the stock ECU for my car. The reason I ask this is that when I go under PND, there is no K24A2 option. And if I go under PNF, the stock ECU for my car, it's the same thing. If I have to choose the ECU I have, how can I add the TSX basemap to the PND list?

3. The EP3 has stock injectors, cold air intake and exhaust. Will I have any issues running the stock basemap and if so, what do you recommend.

Again, thank you for reading this.

The Rs
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 2003 Civic Si w/PND ECU w/KPro

Post by Spunkster »

You can use a PND without any issues.

I would recommend a PRB calibration in this case.

You will probably need some additional tuning to get it running 100% safely and without any issues.
TheRs

Post by TheRs »

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it. Just wanted to get clarification. When you say a PRB Calibration, which map are you suggesting? None on the list are for a K24A2. Are you suggesting the stock D17 w/vtec? I hope I'm not repeating myself, I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

The Rs
TheRs

Post by TheRs »

Never mind, I just noticed there are two PRB options. I looked under the Type S one and found it. Thank you very much.

The Rs