aem wideband, no primary 02 sensor question

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
wiltgen1988

aem wideband, no primary 02 sensor question

Post by wiltgen1988 »

alright guys so quick question. i recently put a hood exit header on my k swapped hatch. im using kpro v1. i wired aem wideband to the eld wire. did the voltage correction so the gauge and ecu read the same. now my question is do i disable open loop and turn off the 02 heater and everything else that deals with the primary 02 sensor? or do i keep the open loop enabled? tried searching on here couldnt find anything and the help section is alittle confusing for me. just trying to get it ready to be retuned any info is much appreciated thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: aem wideband, no primary 02 sensor question

Post by Spunkster »

If you do not have a OEM primary O2 sensor wired in then you must disable closed loop. You cannot use a v1 K-Pro to run closed loop from an aftermarket wideband.
wiltgen1988

Post by wiltgen1988 »

ok so when i go to closed loop in parameters. it only says disabled open loop. then says built in wideband and the last one is external wideband. im assuming i use the external wideband option. theres no specific option that says disable closed loop
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

That is under the closed loop section. By disabling closed loop you are putting it into open loop. You cannot run an aftermarket wideband for closed loop with a version 1 K-Pro.