Options for Failed PRB ECU in UK

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Karl_h

Options for Failed PRB ECU in UK

Post by Karl_h »

Hi,

Can anyone advise on best course of action for a failed PRB ECU in the UK?
The K-Pro’d ECU had been in storage for several years and have recently got my project started (Lotus Elise with K24A2 and six speed). However the VTC driver has failed and is non repairable.
PRB ecu is hard to come come by here but have already purchased a new PRB lambda sensor.
K-Pro is not currently V4 if I upgrade to a V4 in a readily available PRA ECU does that mean I can use the PRB lambda?
I’m reluctant to order a second hand PRB ECU via eBay due as I’d like a tested/known ECU rather than run this risk again?
Also not keen on buying a new lambda as combined cost of the PRA and PRB sensors soon adds up.

Can anyone advise on best course of action or help break down what my options might be.

My preferred route if it works would be an upgraded PRA with V4 I believe, but not sure that gives me the same functionality as the PRB....any help greatly appreciated.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Options for Failed PRB ECU in UK

Post by Spunkster »

The PRA cannot run closed lop from the factory PRB wideband. I would recommend that you contact CPL Racing for assistance with this as they should be able to help you get a replacement ECU and do the installation for you.