Need some more experianced help - Datalog is LEAN

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
BrianJewell1988

Re: Need some more experianced help - Datalog is LEAN

Post by BrianJewell1988 »

Sounds like a plan, I cant find anywhere to turn off LTFTs either, or reset adaptations/whatever this Software calls it.

I'm running the "V3" right now (so the second revision).

I'll lock 30° and see what they look like.

BrianJewell1988

OK, I'l lock it and start doing some 3rd-4th pulls at 30 to start with.

Just so I know, should I start at 30, or 20 degrees. From what I understand max power at high RPM is coming at ~25 degrees? And that would mean its essentially an Interpolation of the 20 & 30 degree tables? Is that correct?

Looks like I need to learn what the VTec cams actually look like and do based on each lobe. These are fun to mess with, it's definitely different.

Logs shortly, thanks again.

EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I generally like to work my way up in angle. So yeah, start with the 20* and lets tune that angle for WOT. Then we copy and paste the completed 20* cam angle map into the 30* cam angle MAP and then run a datalog. That way when you move up in angles it will be a little lean but nothing to worry about. If you go down in angle, I find it's a little more difficult to chase as going down in cam angle will usually make for a rich condition.

Since your low cam fuel looked pretty good, you might move Vtec down to something like 3800rpm so we can really clean up the 20* high cam. I generally run the first version with vtec at 5500, then the next revision at 3800, that way I can clean up before and after vtec engagement, but that is totally up to you. And since the low cam fueling looked good, setting it at 3800rpm would be fine. Then we will see how it looks.

BrianJewell1988

Well, here's a new one, I cant get my VTec to lock, even going Parameters>VTec> Lock Vtec to [0] degrees...

I got a few more logs, but the only real difference is it's more clearly defined that when I crossover to VTC at 4600 I'm going lean in that 40 deg table a bit still.
test 4.kdl
(194.07 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
TEST 4TH GEAR.kdl
(231.23 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
TEST 5.kdl
(242.76 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
TEST 6.kdl
(262.62 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

BrianJewell1988

Ok that makes a lot of sense to me. Ill move it down and start with that locked in at 20. I swapped cables and now can lock my VTec. Strange.

t7.kdl
(451.6 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

EFICU

Post by EFICU »

BrianJewell1988 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:55 pm
Ok that makes a lot of sense to me. Ill move it down and start with that locked in at 20. I swapped cables and now can lock my VTec. Strange.

t7.kdl
In this t7 datalog, it's not locked on the 20* cam angle on the high cam. Is it supposed to be, or are you making a new datalog with it set to 20*?

To lock the cam angle, just to go the high cam table and set all values to 20. That should fix the issue you're having.

Let me know.

BrianJewell1988

Here are the locked at 20 degree logs.

t8.kdl
(325.4 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
t9.kdl
(399.71 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
t10.kdl
(974.35 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
longer.kdl
(2.8 MiB) Downloaded 9 times

I included the .kal too, i did have to change the entire high speed cam table.

EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Hi Brian,

Yeah I figured you would probably have to do it in the table itself. That is where I do it, makes things easier anyways in my opinion. But since I use Flashpro most of the time, I didn't know for sure.

So I went in and made some revisions. Fueling was sort of up an down, which we figured. Up top is was perfect because we touched that up in your completed file.

I made two versions of the next one, I made one with your rpm breakpoints how they were in Rev04. In Rev04.1, I change the high cam breakpoints where we have a little more control. I didn't want to make the change without telling you, so I just made two files for you to choose. I would recommend Rev04.1 with the new breakpoints, everything looks cleaner and gives us more control. But it's up to you ultimately.

Let me know if you have any questions.

BrianJewell1988

Perfect I'll load in the one with new crossovers. I looked at the tables after you pointed out the abrupt changes to cam angle in the original map, and it really does jump abruptly which seems to coincide with the areas that go pretty lean. It's like the cam change is far more responsive than the fueling, which I guess is logical.

Thank you Kyle.

EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good, yeah throw 4.1 in there and we'll see how it looks.

Yeah in my opinion the cam angle map should be fairly smooth, or else the commanded cam angle vs actual cam angle can never get in line and follow each other. Always help guide the cam rotation with smooth tables in my opinion.

BrianJewell1988

Is this still with the cam locked at 20 degrees? Just want to check as both maps show the high cam table as all 20 degrees with no changeovers. Just double checking.

Thanks

EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yes Brian it is, I didn't change the cam angle map at all. I only changed the RPM breakpoints for fueling. It may take another file or two to get dialed, then we will move onto the 30*.

BrianJewell1988

Ok great I follow you know, I was stuck on CAM angle, and figured I'd messed up while loading up the Tune.

EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha. No if you look at the fuel table in the adjusted one compared to the original, the breakpoints were far between in some places and went out to 10,000 rpm or something. No need for that, now we have more breakpoints to control the fuel and they are tighter together towards redline so we can really dial in the fuel there. Sorry for the confusion haha, but I didn't want to change anything and you not know about it that's all.

BrianJewell1988

Finally got some nice clear..uh..Mexican Interstates?

Logs
V1.kdl
(247.24 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
v2.kdl
(243.4 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
v3.kdl
(500.93 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
V4.kdl
(417.65 KiB) Downloaded 9 times