K20A TPS will not show 'Throttle Position'

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
pmonfreda

K20A TPS will not show 'Throttle Position'

Post by pmonfreda »

I just replaced my new K-tuned 'Hall Effect TPS sensor with a current new one and Iam getting the same results for my build. With key on engine off, 'Sensor' tab shows accurate 0 to 100% variation with pedal movement. However, with engine running 'Sensor' tab does not recognize TPS variation and stays at 0%. The engine will not hold RPM and cuts out after approx. 2500 RPM. TPS is calibrated and uploaded as required. Engine starts up fine, but needs tuned. Please review base map from K-pro (k20a2-rsx-310cc-itrcams-jrhdr-cai.kal). Any help would be much appreciated on this 10 month build. Thankyou for your time.

Note: K-tuned TPS sensor is getting 5V signal and ground is at 0V. Also, during calibration in the closed position its getting 0.53
Note: Green Key on dash is always flashing when engine is running.

SN: 52314
Attachments
First Run K20A.kal
(163.19 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

Hondata
Site Admin

Re: K20A TPS will not show 'Throttle Position'

Post by Hondata »

There's nothing in the KPro that can disable the throttle. I'd check the voltage at the ECU pin.
Hondata

pmonfreda

Post by pmonfreda »

A-15 TPS signal ECU for 5V?

pmonfreda

Post by pmonfreda »

A-15 voltage is 3.75v. Again, same results during engine run. Removed ecu-A plug to check. Anything else I can do?

pmonfreda

Post by pmonfreda »

Please help anyone? I recieved my second K-tuned 'Hall Effect TPS' and I' am getting the same results. RPM cuts out at 2500 RPM. Checked A-15 pin and gettng the 5V signal. Getting good signal, voltage and ground from the sensor 3 lead wires. Calibrated per required closed and open voltage, then uploaded to K-pro. When I stab the gas pedal it will show TPS value between 2 to 5% in a milisecond , then drop to 0%. Thankyou

Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

No, with the A plug still connected measure voltage from A15 (TPS) to E3 (LG).
Hondata

pmonfreda

Post by pmonfreda »

I will do that thankyou.

Also, I just figured it out. I put my stock TPS sensor and ran as it should no problems. k-pro recognizes TPS valuation during engine on and driven. Just spoke with Ry-wire....K-tuned 'Hall Effect TPS' outside wire Power and Ground do not match Ry-wire TPS connector via ECU. I took upon myself to reverse the outside wires from the K-tuned Sensor and it too ran as it should. However, during engine on the TPS valuation stays at 100% all the time and not 0% It sounds like a design flaw or some defect with the sensor.

I have to admit, the only reason I purchased the k-tuned sensor was because the stock one interfered with my upper coolant hose. Also, the stock TPS ran with more precision. See the following from Rywire.

Rywire LLC
7:03 PM (3 hours ago)
to me

Few things, the TPS colors are backwards from stock, green is sensor ground, yellow is 5v power and red is signal to ecu. It may be coincidence, or just dumb luck, but please call Ktuned about this. on my harness the wire going to there yellow is my ground A11 and there wire green os my 5V to A21

Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Thanks for the update
Hondata

pmonfreda

Post by pmonfreda »

This is too all people that may be intereseted in K-tuned 'Hall Effect' TPS Sensor. I have had (2) of there K-tuned Sensors and they do not operate as designed. They are having issues with there sensor (Hall Effect) , maybe recently. Unfortunately, they will not relay that message to you. I have been trying to resolve this issue with them for 3 to 4 weeks. I requested a refund after product return, only for them to charge me 25% restocking fee due to some minimal scatches on the billet. As some are aware due to assembly and tight fit, there are going to be scratches because of the front clip on the EM2. What a shame after I spent countless dollars from K-tuned. Please, be aware of the K-tuned. If you want a hall effect sensor, try Acuity, better customer service.