power not going to ecu

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
john-051

power not going to ecu

Post by john-051 »

Was driving and all the sudden my car shuts down from lack of power and i tried to turn it back on and the fuel pump wasn't getting any signal and my k-rpo wasn't getting power help!! I checked all my grounds and they were good i have a 94 eg k20A3 swap, the lights come on and the engine turns but im not getting power to the ecu, i checked the fuses and they weren't blown, what can it be?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: power not going to ecu

Post by Spunkster »

You will need to try the ECU in a known working vehicle to see if it is the ECU or something in your vehicle. If it works in a different vehicle you will need to check all the wiring from the ECU plugs back to the power source.
john-051

Post by john-051 »

my kpro works on another car, i directed my fuel pump to the battery to see if its working and it primes so now im assuming my main relay is not getting power because i tried another relay and it didnt work
john-051

Post by john-051 »

im assuming that the main relay powers the ecu because of the conversion harness but what powers the main relay and can i somehow direct it to an on/off switch?
jeffry258901

Post by jeffry258901 »

I am having the same issue on my EP3 after a JDM K24A swap, replaced the engine harness with a rywire budget harness, checked all the fuses, I can hear the relays click but still not getting power to the ECU, please any ideas, I'm desperate
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to make sure that your harness is wired correctly is it can actually damage the ECU if it is wired incorrectly. Since the ECU works in another vehicle you should contact the manufacturer of the harness for support as it sounds like it was wired incorrectly.