Would Getting K-Pro v4 Fix My Check Engine Light?

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
BoltTheDC5

Would Getting K-Pro v4 Fix My Check Engine Light?

Post by BoltTheDC5 »

Hey all,

I'm sort of new to Hondas and I bought an RSX Type-S a little over a month ago with a check engine light on. The code was for (P0141) Secondary O2 Sensor heater circuit malfunction. My question is, if I get K-Pro v4 installed, will it resolve the check engine light? I have replaced the sensor twice and the light is still on, i'm not entirely sure what to do at this point.

Thanks in advance.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Would Getting K-Pro v4 Fix My Check Engine Light?

Post by Spunkster »

It will not resolve the error. You will need to fix the cause of the problem. It could be a wiring fault, a bad sensor, or an ECU issue. You should follow the troubleshooting steps for the error you have from the factory service manual.
BoltTheDC5

Post by BoltTheDC5 »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:58 pm It will not resolve the error. You will need to fix the cause of the problem. It could be a wiring fault, a bad sensor, or an ECU issue. You should follow the troubleshooting steps for the error you have from the factory service manual.

Thanks for the reply, I've followed the diagnostics steps and have condemned the ECU to be faulty. K-Pro won't be able to fix this ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, if the ECU is bad, it must be replaced.