06 Si support?

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
xsydx

06 Si support?

Post by xsydx »

I havent seen any information on support for the 2006 civic si...

any info?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The KPro will not work with the 06 Civic due to drive by wire.
Hondata
xsydx

Post by xsydx »

will there be any other products hondata has planned or in development? Or will it go the way of the 05-6 rsx?
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

Then is it possible to replace the throttle body with the RSX-S's and use the 02-04 RSX ECU without losing functionality? Also, what would the extent of wiring changes be in that scenario?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Hondata is currently looking at the possibilities for the 06 SI. Due to the nature of development, we do not know what or when we will have for this application at this time.
Zigg

Post by Zigg »

Now if I am not mistaken, you now do offer the K-Pro for the Acura TSX, which is also a Throttle by Wire system. By bypassing that and using a normal throttle cable from an RSX, is it possible to "upgrade" to a K-Pro then?

If so... I own an 06. You can play with it.
8,000 rpm is NOT enough.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We only have a reflash for the TSX. Some race vehicles have re-pinned the wiring harness and swapped over to a manual throttle cable.

Thanks for the offer, but Hondata has an 06 Civic Si.
Hondata
Zigg

Post by Zigg »

Well, if you guys ever do get a reflash going for the Si, I would be highly interested in it.

I don't know if you guys have noticed the horrible flat spot in the powerband near 4,000rpm yet... it's kind of weird feeling. And of course, that car can easily rev past the 8,250 rev limiter... so whatever you deem suitable for that car has to be better than 8,250.

Well, I look forward to anything you guys come up with for that car.
8,000 rpm is NOT enough.
kevin bureau

SI 2006

Post by kevin bureau »

Then, how u guys tuned the TOV 2006 civic si project car if the k-pro serie is not rdy for si 2006???
Razathorn

Re: SI 2006

Post by Razathorn »

kevin bureau wrote:Then, how u guys tuned the TOV 2006 civic si project car if the k-pro serie is not rdy for si 2006???
They probably wired a k-pro up to it 'race style' with custom wiring and with a cable TB -- similar to how they tuned the TSX motor so soon. That's my guess. There's a big difference between that and a finished product that is able to be sold to the general tuner public.
2003 black RSX type-s / jrsc @ 12psi / methanol injection / aftercooled
Zigg

Post by Zigg »

Even a reflash at these stages on the TOV Si is possible. It doesn't even have to be repinned and cabled "race style."

Hopefully this news and knowing they've cracked everything but fuel on the ECU is good news, and can show us that they can have a fully cracked ECU in the next 3 months, and a finished product in... a while.
8,000 rpm is NOT enough.
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

Zigg wrote:Even a reflash at these stages on the TOV Si is possible. It doesn't even have to be repinned and cabled "race style."

Hopefully this news and knowing they've cracked everything but fuel on the ECU is good news, and can show us that they can have a fully cracked ECU in the next 3 months, and a finished product in... a while.
Being a software engineer, let me just say that modifying 'maps in memory' is a whole order of magnitude easier than changing code and adding in features like those found on k-pro. Granted, I'm not an inside man at hondata, so I really don't know any details, but just in general, modifying values in a memory range is not nearly as difficult as the work it probably took to make k-pro happen. Not to discount what has already been done, just realize that it's very apples and oranges as far as level of effort goes in the general case.
patriarch

Post by patriarch »

I installed CAI in my 06 Si the other day and theres a nasty hesitation when i floor it at 3K.. I heard the Si Hondata was working with had AEM CAI and that you had encountered a similar problem. From what I understand it has to do with the MAF readings. If or when you come with something for the Si, will this issue be fixed? Is it something you are looking into?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The AFM (air flow meter) needs a non-turbulent air flow, otherwise the calculated air mass fluctuates, especially at low flow rates. This is not something which the ECU can compensate for.
Hondata
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

Hondata wrote:The AFM (air flow meter) needs a non-turbulent air flow, otherwise the calculated air mass fluctuates, especially at low flow rates. This is not something which the ECU can compensate for.
Any idea why honda would incorperate a maf sensor now?