cel comes on during warm-up

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
my friend

cel comes on during warm-up

Post by my friend »

my cel comes on when my car is warming up... most of the time this happends when the weather is below 50 or car sitting over night.... when i go to pull the code there is nothin there...... when i turn off the car and turn it back on the code is gone.....does this sound like a tuning issue or Kpro issue :?
another thing my immobilizer light is blinking and when i turn it off via kpro the car wont start.. also im using my ecu and not someone elses
please help..
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If you get the error code then don't switch off the engine - read the code first.
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Sounds like a battery problem. You are probably getting a daughterboard communication error. You probably need a new battery. What is your battery voltage when cranking the car?
my friend

Post by my friend »

Hondata wrote:If you get the error code then don't switch off the engine - read the code first.
..maybe i'm doing something wrong.. but when the engine is on running i went to error codes and there was nothin... it usually comes on a minute or two after start up....in the morning...
i have my stock rsx battery in my car its 4.5 years old....and my cranking is a bit slow in the morning...im gonna get a new battery and i hope this check engine light problem goes away... thnx Mr Hondata and Mr Spunkster..i will report back once i get new battery
btw do u guys know what i can do about my immobilizer light issue?
my friend

Post by my friend »

Spunkster wrote:Sounds like a battery problem. You are probably getting a daughterboard communication error. You probably need a new battery. What is your battery voltage when cranking the car?
well i replaced my battery and still does the same thing...
so im not sure whats going on..... i will be going to wang's auto on wednesday to get my car retuned... maybe he can fix this problem... i got kpro 5 months ago do i still have warranty on it?
TransformedBG

Post by TransformedBG »

my friend wrote:
Hondata wrote:If you get the error code then don't switch off the engine - read the code first.
..maybe i'm doing something wrong.. but when the engine is on running i went to error codes and there was nothin... it usually comes on a minute or two after start up....in the morning...
i have my stock rsx battery in my car its 4.5 years old....and my cranking is a bit slow in the morning...im gonna get a new battery and i hope this check engine light problem goes away... thnx Mr Hondata and Mr Spunkster..i will report back once i get new battery
btw do u guys know what i can do about my immobilizer light issue?
Did you just plug it in, or did you put it in "online mode?" to try and read the code?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With the new battery now in, go to Online Tools and clear the security, then upload a new calibration.
my friend

Post by my friend »

Spunkster wrote:With the new battery now in, go to Online Tools and clear the security, then upload a new calibration.
k i did it i will check tomorrow morning if the cel comes on
and yes with online mode i go to error codes
my friend

Post by my friend »

Spunkster wrote:With the new battery now in, go to Online Tools and clear the security, then upload a new calibration.
ok the light still comes on during warm-up still no error code
also it goes off line and i have to keep replugging usp cable... and when i tried to do a datalog and 0134 came on... no activity 1st o2.. but how can that be if my lean cut still works...anyways i there a phone number i can get to contact hondata...i have an appointment tomorrow for tuning and i need to know if this will effect it.. thank you
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What version of software are you using? From help, about.
my friend

Post by my friend »

Spunkster wrote:What version of software are you using? From help, about.
v1.2.2.1 i looks like its the latest one
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try dissabling the p0134 error and uploading the change to the ecu.
my friend

Post by my friend »

k i will try it
my friend

Post by my friend »

Spunkster wrote:Try dissabling the p0134 error and uploading the change to the ecu.
thank you that worked
but i have a new problem my kpro keeps going offline and i have to replug upb cable to get it back online is this normal?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »