KManager Beta V1.3.2.0

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Hondata
Site Admin

KManager Beta V1.3.2.0

Post by Hondata »

This is a beta release of KManager. The major change is to the Display window, which now has sensor displays similar to HondaLogger. More information can be found in the Help file, under 'Display Window'.

KManagerV1-2-3-0.exe

With the Beta it is possible that future updates will not be able to load the saved display settings, so don't put too much effort into your screens at this point.

Here are some diplay templates you can begin with:
Attachments
tuning.display
dyno tuning display
(11.78 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
itr.display
itr like gauges
(8.4 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
hondalogger.display
similar to old hondalogger display
(9.53 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
amber full.display
amber gauges
(11.29 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Last edited by Hondata on Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hondata
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

What would be extra super cool would be if we could setup audio alerts for certain conditions. That way, if you're street tuning, a pair of headphones could let you know if you're lean or knocking.
2003 black RSX type-s / jrsc @ 12psi / methanol injection / aftercooled
mike93hatch

Post by mike93hatch »

it has audible alerts...
mucter

Post by mucter »

Can we do gauges like a fighter jet ala the Lamborghini Revent?n ?? heh
06 nbp type s

Post by 06 nbp type s »

two things, need to be able to change the colors of the text in the guages and when i load a pre made set, it cuts the right side of the display off even if i make it full screen
nzitr

Post by nzitr »

I have a PRC ECU on my 2001 JDM DC5R and I have an ignition timing issue when I run this version of KManager.

Openloop mode above 5900 rpm produces a 10 degree retard in timing.

I've checked my calibration and I can't see any issues that would cause this. Going back to the previous version sorts the issue out. I've tried several times with the same result.

Do you want/need any files from me?

Cheers,

David.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, a datalog and calibration would be good. There were no changes made to the ECU code in the beta - what versions are you comparing?
Hondata
nzitr

Post by nzitr »

I am running 1.2.2.9 normally.

First thing I have to do is fix the temp conversion tables. I suspect there has been a change to the way they are stored based upon the conversion that occurs.

I will need to do another datalog and post that up as I only have 20min duration ones currently. I'll try and get it done later today.

Cheers.
nzitr

Post by nzitr »

- serial number

- what sort of vehicle you have

2001 JDM DC5R

- what sort of ECU you are using

PRC

- Problem Report

Above 5900 rpm open loop (or high load perhaps) approx 10 degree ignition retard compared to the map. Have tried installing 1.2.3.0 3 times with the same result. Going back to 1.2.2.9 fixes the issue. Today tried downloading calibration from ecu and it appeared to match the one I uploaded.

Looking at the timing in general it does look 2 degrees retarded compared to the map so I wonder if the un-checked nitrous 1 & 2 retard settings are coming into play as they total -8 degrees? I might zero them out and try it.

The tune is still a work in progress and car is fairly standard bar Mugen Intake/Header/Twinloop.

Regards,

David
Attachments
15 jan 08 1.2.3.0.kdl
(29.03 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
K20a-itr 15 jan 08 1.2.3.0.kal
(46.5 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
nzitr

Post by nzitr »

Just tried a run with zero values in the nitrous tables and there was no difference. I got a better datalog of the change at 5900rpm though.
Attachments
15 jan 08 1.2.3.0 a.kdl
(41.82 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Ok, we're looking at it.
Hondata
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is a problem with the IAT ignition retard table, where the highest value is too low. The quick solution is to open the calibration with notepad, and remove the two sections [IATRetardLow] and [IATRetardHigh] (remove the whole section group - delete 6 lines for each section).
Hondata
nzitr

Post by nzitr »

I will try that thanks.

I did notice an interesting behaviour around the temp conversion moving from 1.2.2.9 to 1.2.3.0

I run with degrees C as my unit. When I open a file saved under 1.2.2.9 in 1.2.3.0 the temp conversion points get modified. They appear to be going through a degrees F to C conversion so they end up really low. The actual compensation factors stay as before. I had modified these points up to where they were in my 1.2.2.9 cal.

Regards, David.
Last edited by nzitr on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
nzitr

Post by nzitr »

I've just deleted out the IAT retard tables as you suggested and re-opened and saved the file and the new values are much higher.

I take it these are now saved as degrees F and that the cal is now saved consistently despite the units used.

Have tried it and there is no more timing retard. Thanks for your speedy efforts.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Hondata wrote:It is a problem with the IAT ignition retard table, where the highest value is too low. The quick solution is to open the calibration with notepad, and remove the two sections [IATRetardLow] and [IATRetardHigh] (remove the whole section group - delete 6 lines for each section).
just spotted this...

is this the temp related ign table?

what's the syntax of this table, been looking for this function...

any chance of adding it to Kmanager?

PS. whilst your at it, it would be nice to ba able to calibrate a different AIT than the stock one (as the fast acting ones are different resistance)