Nitrous outputs: Some general questions

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Razathorn

Nitrous outputs: Some general questions

Post by Razathorn »

First off -- as I'm sure hondata and others are aware, my nitrous/methanol wiring has been working for years. I just an curious about a few things that have had me thinking lately. When you disconnect an existing emissions output, such as VSV, and re-use it for activating a relay, what prevents the previous emissions code in the ecu from activating that output for its previously intended purpose? I was just thinking how unfortunate it would be if nitrous or water/meth was activated when it wasn't supposed to be. Until I ran into a code, I had left my obdII enabled with the water/meth activation hooked to VSV. I am thinking potentially running a calibration with OBDII enabled or the nitrous panel not enabled might result in unintentional activation of my methanol system.

I also noticed, since using PSP as my arming input, that the position of my arming switch affects idle as well -- so even though I am using PSP as a nitrous input, its old purpose still seems to be trying to be used by the ecu.

Some clarification in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne
2003 black RSX type-s / jrsc @ 12psi / methanol injection / aftercooled
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

When outputs are utilized for nitrous they are disconnected from the previous function.
Hondata
Bflaker

Post by Bflaker »

I was curious about this too when I was installing my nitrous setup. Thanks for the clarification.
03' RSX Type-S
I/H/E/RBC/K-PRO/100shot/555R's
13.2 @ 109mph w/ 2.0 60'