Can I copy calibration tables from different ECU type?

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
carbonctr

Can I copy calibration tables from different ECU type?

Post by carbonctr »

Is it safe to copy ignition, fuel and cam tables from a PRB calibration to a PRA calibration? Some guy was asking for a calibration for a PRA with Greddy turbo and I notice PRB and PRF calibrations but no PRA ones for that kind of set up.
fonz600

Post by fonz600 »

You can change a PRB map to a PRA map by opening it in notepad and changing the type number from type 3 to type 2.

Dunno if it's the best way to do it though. Hondata will probably chime in as never heard a definite answer to changing type numbers through notepad and would like to hear if it's definitely ok to do it.
carbonctr

Post by carbonctr »

Interesting...I never tried opening a calibration with notepad...I never thought it would just be a text file. Cheers for the info!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This is not recommended and may cause some problems as the tables are different and are interpreted didfferently from one calibration type to another.
carbonctr

Post by carbonctr »

Spunkster wrote:This is not recommended and may cause some problems as the tables are different and are interpreted didfferently from one calibration type to another.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe best to avoid the table copying.
Mr Aryan

Post by Mr Aryan »

fonz600 wrote:You can change a PRB map to a PRA map by opening it in notepad and changing the type number from type 3 to type 2.
i've test it both, changing the type from 3 to 2, and copy PRB numbers into PRA ECU...
copy/pasting from PRB to PRA is much smoother than using PRB calibration and change the type for euro CTR.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Not recommended. It is no different that changing the calibration type in the file. It may give you the shape of the cruve but not the same results. eg fuel value of 1000 on a PRB is different from fuel value 1000 on a PRA, because there are many hundred tables which you are not copying.
Hondata
VT-Doo

Post by VT-Doo »

Does this mean you can't copy some ignition tables from one calibration to another? Is this why I can't open KManager twice as I can with Smanager?
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)