Problem datalogging A/F with AEM UEGO

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Bflaker

Problem datalogging A/F with AEM UEGO

Post by Bflaker »

Here's my setup:

AEM UEGO Wideband with the white wire going to the ELD pin on the ECU.

Voltage offset is: -0.3

Voltage Calibration is:
0 volts = 10.0 A/F
5 volts = 20.0 A/F

I've been messing around with my car getting the All Motor tune dialed in before I start spraying the nitrous again, and I noticed that my A/F's were flat lining at 12.04 A/F's on the really rich parts of the tune. The gauge displays the A/F's fine the rest of the time and was even displaying high 10s and even low 11s during the pulls when I noticed the datalog of the A/F flat-lining. That's how I knew something was wrong. What could be causing this? I know the AEM gauge reads down to 10.0 A/F and that was the whole reason I bought it, so that I could tune my nitrous a/f's easier. But now it's flat-lining even higher than the stock sensor does at 11.5.

I guess it's not that big of a deal, because I can see the gauge right in front of me, but it sucks that I can't datalog below 12.04 A/F's.
03' RSX Type-S
I/H/E/RBC/K-PRO/100shot/555R's
13.2 @ 109mph w/ 2.0 60'
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I have tested this here and the ELD input can read 0-5V signal perfectly. We only recommend the PLX Devices widebands.
Bflaker

Post by Bflaker »

So why is the A/F flat-lining in K-Pro at 12.04 ? The AEM gauge itself displays the A/F fine on it's own display, all the way down to 10.0 A/F.

I guess I could stick a volt meter on the wire and see what voltage is being sent to the ELD pin when the A/F flatlines.

Seems like whenever I ask a question about this, the only answer I get is,"All we use is PLX." That's fine, but that doesn't tell me why the A/F is flat-lining at 12.04.
03' RSX Type-S
13.2 @ 109mph w/ 2.0 60'
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Since We have eliminated the ECU and software as the problem, only your wideband and wiring are left.
Bflaker

Post by Bflaker »

Thanks for the lack of help, but I fixed it on my own. Switched the AEM to output voltage in the range of 1-2 volts, and then made the proper adjustments in Kpro. It reads and datalogs fine now.
03' RSX Type-S
13.2 @ 109mph w/ 2.0 60'
cukali

Post by cukali »

Hey Bflaker, I myself need to hook my AEM wideband to my ECU (factory A/F sensor went bad) can you explain what you needed to do to get it to work?

thnx