K20A2 KAL help

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
ohsnapzitzmeng
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

K20A2 KAL help

Post by ohsnapzitzmeng » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:47 pm

hello i just got my kpro back today and i know alot of you may hate me but yes im a noob...

i have a 2002 rsx-s living in WI and was hoping you could help me out with a map...

performance mod list:

invidia q300 catback
HPS intake
Hondata IMG
str-up race headers

thanks in advance

ohsnapzitzmeng
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by ohsnapzitzmeng » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:52 am

heres what i have so far, edits would be nice thanks
Attachments
IHE plus vtec set.kal
I/H/E
(150.08 KiB) Downloaded 242 times

ohsnapzitzmeng
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by ohsnapzitzmeng » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 am

bump help needed thanks

Nazul
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 am

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by Nazul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:07 am

I'll have a look when i have the time.
In the meantime, where do u live, do u have a wideband or narrowband?
And its impossible to tune the hondata perfectly without air fuel measurement.
Even if u adapt the kal, then the cam angles are not optimal either.

The car will run, but too lean or rich, and you wont have max hp.

Nazul
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 am

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by Nazul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:26 am

tune looks pretty good for ihe setup

ohsnapzitzmeng
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by ohsnapzitzmeng » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:16 am

Nazul wrote:I'll have a look when i have the time.
In the meantime, where do u live, do u have a wideband or narrowband?
And its impossible to tune the hondata perfectly without air fuel measurement.
Even if u adapt the kal, then the cam angles are not optimal either.

The car will run, but too lean or rich, and you wont have max hp.
i live in mid-west area, but i only drive anything but winter seasons. im just using my stock 02 sensors (secondary is hooked to a 02 non-fouler bong) as of now. what are the benefits of a wideband?

Nazul
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 am

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by Nazul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:19 pm

U can measure your airfuel at all time, if you put a meter to it, u can even see it in your car.
By this you can tune your map yourself and see if the airfuel is getting better.
Or u can use your datalogs then and check the values in hondata that it measures.
With a narrowband you cannot see the values.

But i believe the RSX has a wideband standard.

ohsnapzitzmeng
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by ohsnapzitzmeng » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:49 am

Nazul wrote:U can measure your airfuel at all time, if you put a meter to it, u can even see it in your car.
By this you can tune your map yourself and see if the airfuel is getting better.
Or u can use your datalogs then and check the values in hondata that it measures.
With a narrowband you cannot see the values.

But i believe the RSX has a wideband standard.
yes, i believe the 05-06 are the ones who have to worry about the wideband

ohsnapzitzmeng
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by ohsnapzitzmeng » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:46 am

adjusting my vtec, would i have to also adjust my a/f ratios too?

Nazul
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 am

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by Nazul » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:46 am

Yes ofcourse, the intake valves remain open longer which result in more oxygen, so you have to compensate with more fuel.

ohsnapzitzmeng
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by ohsnapzitzmeng » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Nazul wrote:Yes ofcourse, the intake valves remain open longer which result in more oxygen, so you have to compensate with more fuel.
could you help me out in adjusting the a/f ratio my tables?

Nazul
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 am

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by Nazul » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:14 pm

This is impossible to predict how to compensate unless you log with the wideband or go to a tuner.
Can you make a log driving around in vtec then i can check it, but im not a pro in that.
Perhaps its better u ask someone who does etuning here.

ohsnapzitzmeng
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by ohsnapzitzmeng » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:16 am

Nazul wrote:This is impossible to predict how to compensate unless you log with the wideband or go to a tuner.
Can you make a log driving around in vtec then i can check it, but im not a pro in that.
Perhaps its better u ask someone who does etuning here.
thanks for your advice, i will be able to DL a log in vtec in spring, would you have any recconmended etuners?

mdelrio1991
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by mdelrio1991 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:14 pm

ohsnapzitzmeng wrote:
Nazul wrote:This is impossible to predict how to compensate unless you log with the wideband or go to a tuner.
Can you make a log driving around in vtec then i can check it, but im not a pro in that.
Perhaps its better u ask someone who does etuning here.
thanks for your advice, i will be able to DL a log in vtec in spring, would you have any recconmended etuners?
load a 3rd gear datalog

ohsnapzitzmeng
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm

Re: K20A2 KAL help

Post by ohsnapzitzmeng » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:20 pm

mdelrio1991 wrote:
ohsnapzitzmeng wrote:
Nazul wrote:This is impossible to predict how to compensate unless you log with the wideband or go to a tuner.
Can you make a log driving around in vtec then i can check it, but im not a pro in that.
Perhaps its better u ask someone who does etuning here.
thanks for your advice, i will be able to DL a log in vtec in spring, would you have any recconmended etuners?
load a 3rd gear datalog
Attachments
3rd gear pull 2.kdl
(20.13 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
3rd gear pull 1.kdl
(74.37 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

Post Reply