2002 civic si hard acceleration issue

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
partsguy

2002 civic si hard acceleration issue

Post by partsguy »

I'm new to this so please don't flame me for what may sound like a stupid question. I just bought this car and i'm trying to get it to run like it did when i bought it. the data logging wasn't working, so i erased the ECU. upon doing that i was forced to put a new map on. I tried the stock map and the car wouldn't even start. i tried the dyno tuned maps and the car runs but under hard acceleration it hits a certain RPM and it feels like i threw an anchor out. It just stops accelerating. I made sure the "lean protection" was on. I tried closed loop, no lean protection and a few other things. Any thoughts on what it may be?

Thank you
nats007

Re: 2002 civic si hard acceleration issue

Post by nats007 »

It sounds like your car is in limp mode... I highly recommend that you do not accelerate hard as that can cause damage and get your car re-tuned as soon as possible.
2002 Acura RSX-S | K-Pro v3 | '08 JDM K24A | JRSC (K24a2 CP + 3.0" BP) | MercRacing Inlet
FIC 775cc | AEM W/M (1000cc/min) | 3" Custom SRI | OBX v1 RH | 2.5" Custom catback
partsguy

Re: 2002 civic si hard acceleration issue

Post by partsguy »

thanks for the response. I was able to clear the ECU and flash it again. The car is running fine now. Still have to get it tuned correctly.