function

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jetspeedz

function

Post by jetspeedz »

Ok, how does the software know how much to set the duty cycle outside the table given the % vs pressure is not linear? Guess my question is what math function does it use to calulate modulation beyond the tables upper limit? I might have to get a scope on the signal to get my answer but if someone from Hondata can chime in on this it would save me a lot of time.

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I don't understand yoiur question.
jetspeedz

BB

Post by jetspeedz »

Sorry i posted from my blackberry and it seems like it did not reply to the original post instead a new thread was created.

Here is the original post..

This is according to S300 documentation

Gear based target boost

With this setting the boost by rpm & gear table is first used to lookup the target boost level, then the pressure vs duty cycle table is used to calculate the solenoid duty cycle to reach the target boost.

Locash was kind enough to tell me the Hard boost Cut does not care about PWM so setting a pressure higher then the pressure in the Duty% vs Pressure table is not a problem.

My concern is if the pressure is higher then the max pressure on the Duty% vs Pressure table how does S300 handle a higher pressure in the Boost by Rpm & Gear table? Would the software crash while driving and hitting those pressures?
locash

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
No, the software will not crash. :) The software just commands a certain PWM duty cycle, if the boost pressure exceeds that of the table, it exceeds it, this is not a closed loop system, the software doesnt care what the actual boost level is or reference it back to the table.
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing