Need suggestions: Starting car after warmed up M&W, 1D10

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jetspeedz

Need suggestions: Starting car after warmed up M&W, 1D10

Post by jetspeedz »

Hello everyone,

Car is running great no problem at all with the M&W pro-10 kit & ID1000's. The only issue i have which is more of an annoyance is the car will not start right up after it has been warmed up and running for a while. If i start the car when its cold and it has not been run for a while it fires right up after a few cranks. But if the car has been running and is warmed up i can't ever get it to fire right up, i have to crank it for a two to three seconds then back out for a 1 second and crank it again and it will fire right up. I've checked the tune(Shawn Church) on S300 and nothing sticks out that would make me raise an eyebrow although im fairly new to S300 software. The only thing i can think of is maybe once its warmed up and i crank it, it floods it with too much fuel and over takes the spark of the M&W (NGK gapped to 0.020)? If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know so i can try them.

Thanks
Ali F.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Look at the cranking fuel trim base pulse. If you feel the engine is flooding, then reduce the pulse at higher temperatures. This also could be a symptom of the injector dead time being incorrect (although this usually results in a lean condition at low pulse widths, not rich).
Hondata
jetspeed

Post by jetspeed »

Is it same to assume cranking fuel trim% affects the cold start as well as warm starts. I just replaced the injectors so i don't think the injectors are the issue.