s300/p28 red led light

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
wilp99

s300/p28 red led light

Post by wilp99 »

on july 3rd i purchased a s300/ecu combo from Ha Motorsports. It has worked perfectly up until today. I started my car as usual, drove it about 10 min, turned it off, came out bout 15 min later, it started but was instantly running pretty bad. had a solid cel. so i figured some stupid sensor on my car died so i hooked up the laptop to see what it was. Well, this is where the problem began. It connects to the laptop, shows online, but no datalogging, and will not transfer information. so i started the troubleshooting pdf. said to connect, erase all data, and re-upload the map. so i tried it, and it wouldnt erase the data. shows its connected but still no datatransfer. i looked at the ecu itself and the red/green led is on solid red. i disconnected the battery, reconnected it, still red. i then called my friend who is also running s300 and hooked his ecu to my car, loaded my map to it, and bam.. ran fine. drove it back home to my garage, turned the car off, then back on borrowed ecu still running fine green light. so i disconnect my battery, and unplug his ecu, and plug mine back in. same thing, red light instantly, and car runs like crap. so i try to erase the ecu again. bam it works, i upload my map to my ecu, start the car runs sweet for about 2 mins (solid green light), i turn the car off, go to restart, guess what.. red light again running like crap. tried to erase the ecu again but it woulnt. as i said, it connects, shows connected on s manager, but red light and it wont do anything. the car does run with it, but backfires, and runs really rich to really lean (seen on wideband gauge). and besides that one time, it will not reset. even if it did, i honestly wouldnt want to take it anywhere, cause now the ecu has become unreliable. Also, I took my ecu to my friends house and hooked it to his civic (which was running the s300 i borrowed), and nothing. big red light. it did let me erase the code once again, and upload a new map to it, which i did probably 3 times to be sure (solid green light) turn the car off, and back on. red light, shows connected but is not. i contacted ha, but they told me my warranty has expired but i can send it in and they can determine the cost of repair after they look at it.

before i did that, i wanted to ask if this was an issue that is fixed by re-soldering (as it seems to be getting a fault from intermittent connection), or is something i should just pay to have them look at. sorry for the long post

my vehicle specs:
-1985 Austin Mini
-b18c4 (its as fun as it sounds)
-itr cams, aebs im, 70mm tb
-Stock Civic wiring
-HaMotorsports P28/s300 combo

P.S. obviously the solid red light is bad but, does it mean its gone into some kind of protect mode?

ok new development.. well kind of. i tried my s300 unit in my friends ecu. it doesent work. straight to red. wont erase, or upload. tried his s300 in my ecu, works fine. so ive narrowed it down to the s300 module. what do i do now?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: s300/p28 red led light

Post by Spunkster »

Download the most recent beta version of software and try uploading a fresh calibration from the New Calibration button. If the red light then goes away try uploading your calibration again.
wilp99

Post by wilp99 »

downloaded the 1.6.0, same thing. i did get it to erase data again, and upload a fresh map. started the car, ran great, turned the car off then back on red light. and back to no datalogging same as before.

i called the tech desk, and got a rma number after discribing my issue. thanks for getting back to me.
k20brasil

Post by k20brasil »

im same problem in brasil?? solution??