Funky TPS calibrating

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
portenio78

Funky TPS calibrating

Post by portenio78 »

My fuel and ignition values are silky smooth, but here lately I noticed at any given rpm I had a slight hesitation at tip in. Watching logs, I noticed that the tps at no throttle read -.30% Checked the scale tps minumum reading and it showed up at -.28%. Played with it for about 30min, and to get everything back to good, I had to enter a value of -1% minimum reading to get the off throttle tps back to 0. Now everything is back to good. My question is simple...is this ok?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Funky TPS calibrating

Post by Spunkster »

IF it now reads properly then yes
portenio78

Post by portenio78 »

Need some more help with this. Here are 2 logs and a calibration. You can see in the logs that it will be cruisin along with AFR's in the 14's, then it will start to lean spike and jerk/hesitate/buck like a bronco!
Last edited by portenio78 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Your battery voltage is all over the plane - 13 to 15V, so if the dead times are not exactly right you are going to get changes in the fuel value.
Hondata
portenio78

Post by portenio78 »

I agree that battery voltage is all over the place, but it seems to be that way consistantly through the complete datalog, and there are sections of time where the AFR is consistant? Also note I do have a ATI Race Damper, I wonder if this is not playing right with my alternator as well?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Fix the battery voltage first. It normally is just a loose or missing engine ground, or sometimes the power supply to the ECU itself.
Hondata
portenio78

Post by portenio78 »

Got the voltage stabalized and still having this issue. I was able to duplicate what has been happening at light throttle cruise speed, with this new log which is at idle. TPS still doing funky things it seems, and I checked its mechanical operation in volts and all is well. I also tried disable alt, all kinds of throttle tip in values, tps scaleing, and overrun fuel cutoff. This new log shows the car idleing perfect, then I give it light throttle and it will go lean. While its lean you will see the tps value change??? Help.
Last edited by portenio78 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

What was the cause of the voltage problem?

The TPS looks fine. You give it throttle; the TPS increases.

The injector duration is very low, which would be normal with large injectors, and if it runs lean at slight lower opening times then the dead time is very slight too low.
Hondata
portenio78

Post by portenio78 »

Cleaned my grounds and tightened the alt belt. Dead times are set to Injector Dynamics specs. Never had this problem, and it just started happening out of the blue. Car drives really good everywhere else, just has this one little hicup with very light throttle. What else should I try?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We've found that the dead times as supplied from Injector Dynamics are not correct. Increase them by 0.02 at a time until the AF doesn't go lean at very light throttle.
Hondata
portenio78

Post by portenio78 »

Loaded an old map from about 2 years ago, that is not too different from the current street tune I have on the car now...yet the old tune runs smoooooooth at partial throttle? I do not want to use that calibration, I'd really like to know whats wrong with the current one. Heres the old tune.
Last edited by portenio78 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
portenio78

Post by portenio78 »

Made some improvements FINALLY! Added .002 to all dead times, moved the iac meter a tad to the right, and then added some timing in colums 1-6.